• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have 100% Belief in Your Religion?

adambaum

I don't like what this Church of Possibility is teaching and Promoting. Based on what you have said I think the only thing it cares about most is the pockets of those who fall for it. Nice way of making money and dividing people and have them believe in all sorts of things which are based on whims and desires instead of what is true and what is not.

The Church of Possibility is just the name of the website. There is no church and no money. I think any belief that collects money is complete BS. I'm sure Islam never takes money. In any case the Church of Possibility is simply a forum where people can express their individual beliefs. No more, no less and no money.

adambaum

Anyone who Speaks Reality into Being
is a Prophet.

HINT: We all do this.
(each and every day)

Now, 'Prophet of God'.
Define 'God'.

HINT: Usually what people really mean is
"Prophet of MY God".

In which, they have spoken a truth (reality) into being. ;)

I definitely like the way you think.

OneTwo

Anyone who Speaks Reality into Being
is a Prophet.

HINT: We all do this.
(each and every day)

Now, 'Prophet of God'.
Define 'God'.

HINT: Usually what people really mean is
"Prophet of MY God".

In which, they have spoken a truth (reality) into being.

I don't understand that.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
The Church of Possibility is just the name of the website. There is no church and no money. I think any belief that collects money is complete BS. I'm sure Islam never takes money. In any case the Church of Possibility is simply a forum where people can express their individual beliefs. No more, no less and no money.

Didn't know the link led to a forum, but still I dislike it's idea of disunity and that whatever you wish religion to be it is. What if a rapist comes along and says my belief are that rape is OK.

adambaum

Didn't know the link led to a forum, but still I dislike it's idea of disunity and that whatever you wish religion to be it is. What if a rapist comes along and says my belief are that rape is OK.

If that happened then that person would have to stand behind their religion and defend what they believe. Plus, everyone would know that person is a rapist and that's probably a good thing.

I am not standing behind anyone's belief, just asking them to share what works for them. I am also not denying the relevance of any religion in existence. If you have 100% faith is Islam then I commend you and would never judge or question your faith.

Really, I just want to understand belief, explore it and find out what works for different people.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
If that happened then that person would have to stand behind their religion and defend what they believe. Plus, everyone would know that person is a rapist and that's probably a good thing.

I am not standing behind anyone's belief, just asking them to share what works for them. I am also not denying the relevance of any religion in existence. If you have 100% faith is Islam then I commend you and would never judge or question your faith.

Really, I just want to understand belief, explore it and find out what works for different people.

Islam is fine for me, my satisfaction continues to reach new heights the more I learn about Islam.

adambaum

adambaum what is the hopist all about what kind of religion is it or is it just and ideolgy

Hopism is a religion that was submitted to the Church of Possibility that I really liked. Essentially it starts from the point that no one really knows what happens when we die. It also notes that no one really knows very much about or existence either (including modern science).

It encourages you to find the belief that is most comfortable for you, which is very similar to the goal of the Church of Possibility.

So I guess you could call it a form of agnosticism, but with the impetus to actually find a belief.

So I guess you could call it a form of agnosticism, but with the impetus to actually find a belief.[/quote]
If a hopist is a type of agnostism does that mean u r not sure whether there is a creator(god)