• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you guys think I'm a Satanist?

Do you think that jasonw2 is a Satanist?

• I do not believe that ANY theists are Satanists.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Orias

Left Hand Path
Well theres the Satanist, then there the (fill in blank) Satanist.

I chose the former.

Informare

Setian I°
I disagree with the logic of "you are what you claim to be and think you are." If someone worshiped Jesus Christ, submitted his/her will to YHWH, venerated the Pope, but still wished to be called a Satanist, wouldn't you feel that that is unacceptable? Obviously, I'm not saying this situation is anything like Jason's, but I just wanted to point out that while it is good to stay open-minded and flexible in spiritual/religious discussions, that type of logic doesn't always follow.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Well, if there isn't, then a Satanist is really nothing more than a rival/opponent.

Is that all the eye observes?

What do people gain from such rivals and opponents?

Knowledge of self...or more? :bat:

I disagree with the logic of "you are what you claim to be and think you are." If someone worshiped Jesus Christ, submitted his/her will to YHWH, venerated the Pope, but still wished to be called a Satanist, wouldn't you feel that that is unacceptable?

Not really, the person is probably doing this for very specific reasons and self motivation.

If they desire to be called a Satanist, yet worship Jesus and venerate the Pope, then I doubt they actually worship Jesus, and venerate the Pope.

I'm sure you are capable of understanding why someone would do this.

jasonwill2

I disagree with the logic of "you are what you claim to be and think you are." If someone worshiped Jesus Christ, submitted his/her will to YHWH, venerated the Pope, but still wished to be called a Satanist, wouldn't you feel that that is unacceptable? Obviously, I'm not saying this situation is anything like Jason's, but I just wanted to point out that while it is good to stay open-minded and flexible in spiritual/religious discussions, that type of logic doesn't always follow.

That would never happen or either they are not really Christians but are faking it. It's a very poor example.

But that is an odd idea though that you think there should be a concept of what is "acceptable" with subjective labels in a philosophy such as the Left Hand Path, but I think subconciously everyone catagorizes people irrespective of their own labels to some degree.

jasonwill2

Maybe it's just me, but this "gray" versions of Satanism I see everywhere really gets to me at times. I'm finding myself drawn more to "darker" Satanism... maybe more "extreme" in a sense, but at the same time I don't think I am even referring to stereotypes, but rather the dark aesthetics are calling to me from hence forth the blade of destruction... like I'm supposed to be examining something about violence that I had previously not noticed.

Sometimes I am not sure, I feel like my "black, gray, white" tastes shift in a cycle as to keep it all fresh. Or maybe that cycle is just in my mind? I do overtime focus on different parts of my Deity whom is known primarily as Satan.

So maybe for a few months focus on destruction, for a couple I focus on love and acceptance, and then for a few more it shifts to what is most pragmatic in a given frame-work, ect ect. Like the different elements of Ha-Satan are given different introspection and focus at different times. I like to say that Ha-Satan is nor good nor evil, but neutral, and utter darkness to the light that is Leviathan.

Ignore my pointless musings if you must.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

This sounds reasonable to me, if someone worshipped christ and submitted their will to YHWH but also wished to be called a Satanist, it would seem to me that they have a very confused psyche, and is definitely not a Satanist. Claiming to be something or thinking that your are something does not necessarily make you that thing. There are fake christians everywhere, like wise with Satanists. It is one thing to say your a Satanist it is quite another thing to actually Be Satanist. In the Temple of Set I encountered a number of people who tried to fake being Setian and eventually they were all found out, and were either dismissed from the Temple or they left on their own.

There is another factor here. Don Webb once told a story about an Adept of the ToS who felt they were ready for the Priesthood of Set, and their reasoning behind this was that they "believed in Set". Don Webb answered them with "that's nice, but does Set believe in you?"

What I am trying to say here is, don't just claim or call yourself or think you're a Satanist, Be Satanist.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton = "Know thy Self."

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It's hard to tell, sometimes it seems as if you're speaking about actually being dedicated to Satan to an extent he practically rules over you.

jasonwill2

It's hard to tell, sometimes it seems as if you're speaking about actually being dedicated to Satan to an extent he practically rules over you.

I think the confusion is because Satan's will = my will, and in many ways Satan = me literally, at least in the from of the flesh.

As it is, Satan is all, and all is Satan, but we are our own conciousness. Satan is in our flesh as our physical bodies are part of Leviathan, his physical form. Hence to worship Satan is to simply give honor and praise to nature, the stars, and your own physical environment as well as show your respect for the being that has helped me on this path.

However he didn't give me the path, I chose it. His will = my will because his function as an extra-physical entity is that he assists the Satanist in whatever goal they are aiming for. So if I chose another path, he would be there to help me with that path. He acts as a teacher and a tester, as being billions of years old he probably knows a lot more than me only being about 20 years old.