• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you guys think I'm a Satanist?

Do you think that jasonw2 is a Satanist?

• I do not believe that ANY theists are Satanists.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jasonwill2

Okay so basically I'm just curious who all think I'm a Satanist, nothing more.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'm just saying, this is pretty silly. Why do you seek our approval, all you have to do is understand :shrug:

jasonwill2

I'm just saying, this is pretty silly. Why do you seek our approval, all you have to do is understand :shrug:

Hmm... Hell I don't think this is going to work.

To be honest, I was really more curious than anything but didn't want to seem like I was seeking validation or anything. I'll just get rid of the first post part there and just ask the question. makes it simple and easy.

edit: ok I won't lie, if everyone mostly votes "yes" I'll laugh inside at those who said I wasn't. If everyone mostly votes "no", I'll laugh inside at everyone who said I wasn't. In other words, I'll do the same thing regardless.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
It doesn't matter if people tell you that you're not or you are. What matters is that you are the one making these decisions.

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
You are whatever you want to be. Does the label matter? If you believe you are a Satanist then I will accept you as such. It doesn't mean we have to agree on everything, as has already been established. ;)

Orias

Left Hand Path
Do you think if I made a thread asking the same question people would vote?

I don't think its very disputable at all, being Satanic isn't really something that requires credibility or logic to support it.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Hmmm, I am not sure I am comfortable answering. All religious labels are a personal choice and have so much room for interpretation. For example, nobody would think twice if I still considered myself Luciferian, I just simply choose not to carry the label cause I hate labels. Theism doesn't change anything, Satanism can be either in my opinion. What it comes down to is if you think you are a Satanist, and if that label has some reasons behind it.

jasonwill2

These answers perplex me; either you think I am a Satanist or you do not. In the last week I've talked to about four people who don't think I'm really a Satanist, half in real life, and half here on the site. I wanted to ascertain the general attitude of others here who actually were familiar with my beliefs.

However, considering the alternative attitudes, this is favorable. I guess I was expecting conflict where none was going to originate. With so much infighting in Satanism in general I was expecting some to say I wasn't but I'm getting that you guys don't care.

Well I guess that is better than how else this topic could of turned out.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Jason, there is always more to it than opposition.

I know you are somewhat aware of this...

Orias

Left Hand Path
I was asked what I oppose, not to give a synopsis on the meaning of being a Satanist.

Does a Satanist not frequently give meaning to what its about?

You don't have to fill the emptiness of the text block to give a valuable description of meaning or expression.

jasonwill2

Does a Satanist not frequently give meaning to what its about?

You don't have to fill the emptiness of the text block to give a valuable description of meaning or expression.

But I was not asked the meaning or expression, I was asked what I oppose.