• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you go to hell if you commit suicide?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Really?
Seems to me that it is RELIGION that is most to blame for the lack of people taking taking personal responsibility.
"The devil made me do it "
"It is God's will"
Once saved, always saved
Saved by faith alone
The list goes on....

It is people taking personal responsibility that commit suicide. If a person is following God's will they would be constrained from doing so by faith that God knows what He is doing.

The suicidal person does not go to Hell simply because of their sinful act but there is a definite downside to suicide: God does not have to allow a person a new life if he shows so little regard for his previous life. That would be OK if the person went to Heaven but my guess is that the majority of suicides do not. My cousin was a suicide and I believe that her ghost was around long after she died and may still be around. Perhaps the saving grace for her will be the general resurrection of the dead.

look3467

Premium Member
It is people taking personal responsibility that commit suicide. If a person is following God's will they would be constrained from doing so by faith that God knows what He is doing.

The suicidal person does not go to Hell simply because of their sinful act but there is a definite downside to suicide: God does not have to allow a person a new life if he shows so little regard for his previous life. That would be OK if the person went to Heaven but my guess is that the majority of suicides do not. My cousin was a suicide and I believe that her ghost was around long after she died and may still be around. Perhaps the saving grace for her will be the general resurrection of the dead.

The vessel of clay with intellect is Adam.

That being said, make Adam a creature with choice and responsibility.

Whether he chooses to exercise it or not, is his choice.

A suicidal person, having intellect, having a choice, is responsible to self.

The choice is one of responsibility or to give it all up.

Circumstances, environment, upbringing, belief structure all have a bearing on personal responsibility, not to exclude individual character.

Loss of hope in all of the above is to loose hope in living.

Trusting in God gives hope to a trouble life, giving strength where human will and strength can not bare.

I see this life as a one time privilege.

Make the best of what is given, even if it is but a little bit.

Blessings, AJ

pippa_wonders

The suicidal person does not go to Hell simply because of their sinful act but there is a definite downside to suicide: God does not have to allow a person a new life if he shows so little regard for his previous life.

Arent you changing the gospel by saying God doen't allow a person a new life if he shows little regard for his previous life? I thought God would forgive all sins if a person 'trusted Jesus for salvation'.

Or do you mean that if we commit sin, God will not give us a new life? Why sing'le out suicide as an unforgiveable sin?

Another thing, its said that God won't give us a burden more than we can bear. A person who resorts to suicide obviously has a burden too much for him to bear. How can God allow him to have an unbearable burden, then punish him for not bearing it?