• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you get vague ideas of what other RFers might be like?

nekoboy

Teenage neko
I think it will be a wide variety, ranging from crazy fundamentalists to angry atheists who hate on religion at the drop of a hat.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I've talked with a few on the phone, and have been both close in my assumptions as well as way off on a couple.

Jay, when we met for dinner, I had a feeling he would be a gentleman, but I had no idea how hilarious, sweet, and a party animal he is. We met only once for dinner, and I would have loved to share another bottle of wine with him and his wife.

Soon enough, I plan on meeting a few of you (you know who you are). ;)

nekoboy

Teenage neko
tumblr_lz26aqOMBw1rnjr39o1_500.jpg

Random

You cannot really know what anyone is like from a public internet forum regardless of what they post. If you meet them in person, fine, but I try not to confuse 'poster' and 'person'. Expectations are a fickle thing and to avoid disappointment on the internet I've found it's best to keep them low. I mean, most poor fools come here to Religious Forums expecting it to be religious, only to find its full of atheists and the principal fun is mocking religion. I've never met any of you in real life and probably never will. I'm okay with that.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
My sweetie is an RFer and I fell for him through his posts. I liked him before I knew what he looked like.

He actually turned out to be quite like his posts, just less troll-like in real life. :)

Some people aren't too far off in real life from what they are online, though it's not good to make assumptions about people, without making an attempt to get to know them.

Last edited:

nekoboy

Teenage neko
My sweetie is an RFer and I fell for him through his posts. I liked him before I knew what he looked like.

He actually turned out to be quite like his posts, just less troll-like in real life. :)

Some people aren't too far off in real life from what they are online, though it's not good to make assumptions about people, without making an attempt to get to know them.

I don't know...anonymity via internet gives me a mask. I'm quite a nice person in real life, but I'm extremely foul mouthed, sarcastic, and cruel on certain forums. I will be polite here, don't worry.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I don't know...anonymity via internet gives me a mask. I'm quite a nice person in real life, but I'm extremely foul mouthed, sarcastic, and cruel on certain forums. I will be polite here, don't worry.

There's only one person here who really knows me. My point...I'm honest when giving my opinions, though my views do change as I change. I try to be polite and try to extend respect to others.

But ultimately, I don't think anyone really knows anyone else unless they take the time and there has to be honesty, which a lot of people don't extend on the internet. Anonymity and caution are good, considering the dangers on the internet.

nekoboy

Teenage neko
Wouldn´t that be uncomfortable on top of your actual fur? :eek:

Who else believes I'm an anthropomorphic cat IRL? X3

*begins rubbing head against Me Myself*

I hope for everyones sake that no one is taking this seriously.

Last edited: