• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in the Illuminati?

Dingbat

You mean the actual Bavarian Illuminati that dissolved forever ago? Or the modern tinfoil hat version?

apophenia

Well i belief in the definition you gave but not the one with Satanic worship or whatsoever. Its no secret that the Elites run the world i mean you have to be silly to claim differently, America is runned by elites and so is Europe.

And Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and prior to recent events, Iraq,Libya and Egypt ... etc etc - and only a fool would expect that no new elites will develop in those places IMO.This is a human condition which crosses all borders, and all and any styles of 'leadership', be they secular or religious.

It is more than just a human condition ... all pack-bonding mammals have 'elites'. Humans are 99.6% the same, genetically, as chimpanzees.

Some animals have alpha males, some have alpha females. That's the way it is.

Humans, like all these other animals, want and demand elites. Our ideas of God and Prophets and Angels and Popes and Ayatollahs etc are precisely reflections and maintenance of this same thing.

apophenia

I'm pretty sure a group of elites run the world, bankers, oil and arms traders mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdwSM4aTwo

A handful of cartels control the planets food supplies. Monsanto has declared that their ambition is to control the world's food production, and they, and Du Pont are producing seeds which will not germinate without their proprietary chemicals - and it is a crime for anyone to grow their GM plants without paying them, even if it is an accident from cross-pollination.

idea

Question Everything
Yes, there is a group of elites who run things like the federal reserve, and perhaps pull a few too many strings within our governments (like the FDA being run by Monsanto employees who refuse to actually test the safety of their foods)... I still consider myself free though - I can still grow a bit of my own food, and shop at farmer's markets etc. etc. and my mind is my own, so I don't really see them as having that much power over me.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Well sure there are rich elite who can do what they want and even manipulate events, but I highly doubt that there is some massive, global conspiracy. We're talking about an "elite" significantly helping who he wants become senator or something. The Illuminati are gone, but even when they were around there was no global conspiracy. Conspiracy theories like that are just a desperate grasp to believe in a controlled world, even if negatively controlled. Really we're just spiraling into oblivion. I'll let someone wiser take it from here:

Yes, there is a conspiracy, in fact there are a great number of conspiracies that are all tripping each other up. And all of those conspiracies are run by paranoid fantasists and ham-fisted clowns. The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy or the grey aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.
- Alan Moore

The Illumnati once existed but they ceased to exist already. So, I believe Illuminati once existed but already vanished. Well, when it comes to Illuminati's alleged secret existence and operation, I don't believe it does. Just my thoughts. :)