• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in the concept of the chosen people of god

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ProfLogic said:
Hitler and hirohito came from different backgrounds and yet believes the same things and wanted domination manipulation and expansion. Something drives parts of humanity to do the same things. It must be mental suggestion.....

i do not understand....though religion played a role, as it is part of society, much of Hitler's arguements, from what i understand, had more to do w/ social darwanism and racial/ethnic superiority outside of religion...

sooooo how does that have anything to do w/ the concept of being G-d's chosen people?

evearael

The forum did say debate..
*nods*
the Title says if you believe in the concept, thats the debate...
Then you acknowledge the previous statement made regarding your feelings about the concept of a chosen people has no relevance to a debate.
Bottom line: History repeats itself.
Thank you for the clarification. How is this relevant to the concept of a chosen people?
I don't know if you know what Hitler and hirohito claimed before and during World War II about their race but that will give you the answer
You are making baseless statements regarding the Hitler, Hirohito and Jews without a shred of evidence to back it up. Are you stating the Israelites are a race? And if so, how can I interpret the purpose of this thread except racist?
I know this from the bible - OT
Chapter and verse, please.
Look at the title.
Then once more you acknowledge the previous comment--this time regarding the author of the Bible--to be irrelevant?

evearael

Hitler and hirohito came from different backgrounds and yet believes the same things and wanted domination manipulation and expansion. Something drives parts of humanity to do the same things. It must be mental suggestion.....
So you are stating the Israelites desire domination and expansion? A religion that doesn't proselytize and actively discourages converts (which is required by Rabbinical law)?

ProfLogic

jewscout said:
sooooo how does that have anything to do w/ the concept of being G-d's chosen people?

Hitler used the chosen people of god concept as one of his selling point so people believe in his mission of world domination. If people think they would be superior than their tormentors then it would be so easy to manipulate them to do things that they would not normally do. in hitler's case germany went into deep economic woes after WW I and the german people were in the verge of collapse. It was due to one country (which could be considered as Germany's tormentors - France). Wouldn't it be logical to make up this chosen people concept to unite people and under a god...... ?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
ProfLogic said:
Hitler used the chosen people of god concept as one of his selling point so people believe in his mission of world domination. If people think they would be superior than their tormentors then it would be so easy to manipulate them to do things that they would not normally do. in hitler's case germany went into deep economic woes after WW I and the german people were in the verge of collapse. It was due to one country (which could be considered as Germany's tormentors - France). Wouldn't it be logical to make up this chosen people concept to unite people and under a god...... ?

So you're comparing the Jews to Hitler? When, as Eveareal pointed out, there is no reason to believe that the Israelites want domination?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ProfLogic said:

i'm not following how you are connecting the rise of Nazi germany...which is far more complicated than i think you are presenting here...to the concept of Choseness vis a vie the Torah.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
FeathersinHair said:
So you're comparing the Jews to Hitler? When, as Eveareal pointed out, there is no reason to believe that the Israelites want domination?

unless you believe in the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"

ProfLogic

ProfLogic said:

In the case of the bible, the same concept was used to unite the tormented group of people against their oppressors.

ProfLogic

evearael said:
Then you acknowledge the previous statement made regarding your feelings about the concept of a chosen people has no relevance to a debate.
Can you elaborate?

evearael said:
Thank you for the clarification. How is this relevant to the concept of a chosen people?
My point is there is no such person/people is chosen by a god....Man had used this through out time to manipulate people.

evearael said:
You are making baseless statements regarding the Hitler, Hirohito and Jews without a shred of evidence to back it up. Are you stating the Israelites are a race? And if so, how can I interpret the purpose of this thread except racist?

If its baseless then the documents/historical artifacts of World War II are all baseless, plus the witnesses who were alive then. Thats is where you will find it. Israelites are a group of people to me.....

evearael said:
Chapter and verse, please.?

Read the Exodus

evearael said:
Then once more you acknowledge the previous comment--this time regarding the author of the Bible--to be irrelevant?
Its relevant since the chosen people idea came from it so thats the point the chosen people of a god has no truth its a myth.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ProfLogic said:
Pharoah......

care to elaborate on this? how are you going to compare the Hebrews who were under oppression and slavery in Egypt and then were led out to the Nazis and the Holocaust?

are you really expecting me to believe that the purpose of being "Chosen" was for jewish world domination? Because this seems to be your entire arguement when you compare this concept to the Nazis.
ProfLogic said:
Hitler used the chosen people of god concept as one of his selling point so people believe in his mission of world domination.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ProfLogic...your logic isn't making much sense...

first you start off by saying you have a problem w/ the concept of a Chosen people, and compare it to Hitler and Hirohito.....ok
but then you talk about using this idea to rally a people against their oppressors...an issue that is seperate from the racial/ethnic superiority issue brought up in your OP.

then you use the the Israelites as an example and have, as yet, failed to explain the connection between jews and nazis in regards to their understanding of the concept of Divine "Choseness".

it doesn't make any sense...unless you use the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" as your proof...at which point you will find this debate either ending very quickly or getting very ugly

ProfLogic

evearael said:
So you are stating the Israelites desire domination and expansion? A religion that doesn't proselytize and actively discourages converts (which is required by Rabbinical law)?

My point is you can make up the a concept of "chosen people" to serve any means that you desired.. In hitler's case it world domination...

ProfLogic

jewscout said:
ProfLogic...your logic isn't making much sense...

first you start off by saying you have a problem w/ the concept of a Chosen people, and compare it to Hitler and Hirohito.....ok
but then you talk about using this idea to rally a people against their oppressors...an issue that is seperate from the racial/ethnic superiority issue brought up in your OP.

then you use the the Israelites as an example and have, as yet, failed to explain the connection between jews and nazis in regards to their understanding of the concept of Divine "Choseness".

it doesn't make any sense...unless you use the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" as your proof...at which point you will find this debate either ending very quickly or getting very ugly

As I said before if you make up the concept of chosen people, you can make people who believe in it to reach your goal, I used hitler as an example.. his goal was domination and to take germany out of the economic depression. For the Israelites my opinion was the goal was to unite them and take them out of the condition that they were in which was slavery.

ProfLogic

jewscout said:
unless you believe in the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"

No, but I am pretty sure there are people that believe in it since the idea is still around. In my experience, if people stop believing, it will just banish through time.

ProfLogic

evearael said:

No, I said that was Hitlers goal. In the Israelites its to get out of slavery at least in exodus.