• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in reincarnation?

But the above avoids answering he simple question as didn't God care about people before Jesus' time and in areas of the world that didn't or don't know anything about him?
I said "I think God cares of all people". It means, I think God cared also people before Jesus.
And what about people who behave morally and compassionately in other religions or who are nontheistic?
I think this is answer for that:
For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it isn't the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified for when Gentiles who don't have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their con-science testifying with them, and their thoughts among them-selves accusing or else excusing them in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my Gospel, by Jesus Christ.
Romans 2:12-16

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hebrews 9:27 isn't the only scripture in the Bible with a claim of what will allegedly happen in the afterlife.

There is also Ecclesiastes 3:21, which asks, "Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?” Then there is Revelation 20:13, which clearly states, "The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done." Furthermore, 1 Thessalonians 4:13–17 and Revelation 20:11–15 both suggest that the souls of believers and unbelievers are sleeping in their graves and awaiting God's judgment in the end times. There are several other verses that describe "soul sleep," such as Daniel 12:2, 2 Chronicles 32:33, 2 Chronicles 33:20, 1 Kings 15:8, 1 Kings 16:28, 2 Kings 13:13, 2 Kings 14:29, and John 11:11–15. These verses seemingly conflict with 2 Corinthians 5:8, which implies that believers are in the presence of Jesus after death. Isn't it more accurate to include these verses as well?
I believe when there is a long period between incarnations the tendency before people knew about Heaven from Jesus was to sleep. When I die I will not sleep but I will be subject to God's judgment as to what is good for me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There is also the story of why the Blind Man was born like that. It was not because of Karma, but to teach a profound lesson.

@28:45 in this video, this concept is explained if you are interested...

I believe one can't generalize from an instance. Not all blind people were given their sight so they didn't fit that reason.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe the concept of karma is that it just automatically happens. That is not what God says. He says after you die He judges.
What God says isn't relevant to my views on karma, nor is His judgment relevant to my being.