• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In God, Why? Don't You Believe In God, Why?

frbnsn

What things? Let's be clear about one critical thought:
WHERE WE REASONABLY CAN VALIDATE SOMETHING IN THE
BIBLE, WE OFTEN DO.

For instance, we can't validate the resurrection, but we should be able
to validate there was a town called Nazareth - and indeed we found this
town.
We can't validate the David and Goliath story, but we should be able to
validate there was a King David, or House of David. And sure enough,
we found this.

In fact, ı meand that somethings in the bible is not true. So I agree with you that there are also actual news.

frbnsn

That excludes a whole lot of entities called "god" by other people, all the Pagan and Hindu gods, the Abrahamic gods, the Shinto kami etc. You're getting much flak from believers I presume?

In fact, you are right, I much flak from clueless people.

frbnsn

I don't believe deities (Zues, jehovah, and so forth) exist. Not sure why since the only times I heard of them were in school and off and on when I read the bible. I'm indifferent to beliefs. It doesn't make sense in how I know reality to be.

I do believe "god." Here are the different ways people can interpret it... If it is an it.

Some say god...

Then you are theist. Are you?

frbnsn

I do not know if they spoke to God and God spoke back to them, as in a conversation, but I believe they all got a revelation from God. I have no idea how that works since I am not a Messenger of God. I do not believe Messengers are like ordinary people because they have a two-fold nature, human and spiritual, so they alone can receive communication from God and pass it on to ordinary humans.

Any one of us can speak to God in prayer, but God does not communicate messages directly to us as He does to His Messengers.

I don’t think so, God says directly to us via conscience!

frbnsn

So what is this 'power of God'?
But places, plants and animals; landforms, political events, seasons, &c are common knowledge. They're not verifying evidence of anything. Fictional literature of all kinds records known places and events.

The power which created everything.

Reddwarffan

The topic question is unclear. Which god does it refer to? There are thousands, maybe more, concepts of God.

Personally, I believe it is most likely that we live in a simulation, so yes, there is a creator of the simulation, which religionists would define as "God".