• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In God, Why? Don't You Believe In God, Why?

Skywalker

And how are we to determine what separates us from God?

You're entire world-view is premised on a God, a book and unquestioning obedience to your interpretation of its dictates.
I'm questioning these premises, you will not. To you the entire mythology is axiomatic. You will not question your premises, and you fall back on them as a response to any challenge. You're deaf to any questions or criticism.

Behaviors that don't respect oneself and others separate us from God.

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
This is going round in circles...

Do you seriously not recognize that the EXACT same thing can be said about your 'mysterious loving being'?
this is the same exact argument that you posted earlier.
I said:
Whereas it is typical for love to be shown in different ways, it is not typical at all for a chemical to affect the human body in two (not just one) beneficial way.
FIRST you assume that such a being even exists... THEN you assume that this loving being is not just the reason that people see beauty in nature, but it's ALSO the cause of people finding certain scents to be pleasant.

So if you're not being biased, how is it that you can ASSUME all of this about your loving being, yet it seems like some HUGH stretch of the imagination to assume such things about my chemical?
see above.

Don't call me biased. This is an attack on the person, as I see it. Please discuss the topic - not me personally. Thank you.
But in general your ideas were great and we had a fruitful discussion, I think.