• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in Color Therapy?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Depends on what you mean. Color has an effect on the personality, but I'm not sure that's what you mean by "color therapy".

TheQuestioner

Depends on what you mean. Color has an effect on the personality, but I'm not sure that's what you mean by "color therapy".

here is a little definition of it:

Color Therapy
the therapeutic use of light of specific colors. It encompasses a number of methods used in complementary medicine, including the direction of light of specific colors at the chakras associated with the colors, the stimulation of acupoints, and the use of light of specific wavelengths to facilitate healing. Color therapy is often employed as a complementary treatment for seasonal affective disorder, depression, and stress.

Source: It won't let me post source link. As I am new.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
...yeah, I don't buy a lot of that. However, color can be used in therapy. Being in a blue room can soothe a person (to the point of depression), while pink can calm in small durations of exposure but enrages later.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
...yeah, I don't buy a lot of that. However, color can be used in therapy. Being in a blue room can soothe a person (to the point of depression), while pink can calm in small durations of exposure but enrages later.

This is my understanding, too.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As with any other forms of therapy, the question isn't if you think it will work but what will work for the client. For some a color therapy that cleanses the Chakras may be great, but for others it's a waste of time and money.
As I wrote on an Abnormal Psychology exam, no approach works for everyone, as different approaches work differently for different people, thus the focus should be solely on what works for the client/patient rather than the clinician.

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
Whether it's yes or no. Explain your personal reasons. I am new here by the way. So nice to meet you.

Welcome, and no. If people want to pay to see different shades of light It is there money.

What about dogs or people who are actually are colorblind? Do they see fifty shades of gray?

ZooGirl02

I do believe in color therapy. I think that different colors can be quite soothing. They say that light blue is the most soothing color.