• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe in Adam and Eve?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So who has a monopoly on the scientific method?
No one. That's one of the virtues of science.

Of course it takes training not only in the basics of what is known, but how to conduct a valid experiment, how to evaluate the results, what constitutes evidence for a conjecture and so forth.

When I was studying Chemistry many years ago, I spend uncounted hours in various labs doing experiments designed to train me on such things. In graduate school I had a course that involved presenting results from a paper in the literature which included learning a deeper understanding of how to read such papers critically.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So don't question authority? Open my mouth and let them shovel in whatever they can slap a scientific sounding label on? :confused:
One cannot properly question the sciences when one refuses to learn even the basics of science. The more you learn the better position you will be in to judge whether an idea is correct or not. And even more important you will be able to know who to ask when you do not understand something.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure, but still proven ultimately incorrect. Anyway, that was just one example and not even the best one.

I don't think so. I think that's a naive out look.

He has a valid point. An actual scientific theory, a relatively recent invention, is an idea that has been tested and found to be correct within certain limits so It is correct. The theory that drives some, but not all Christians crazy, is the theory of evolution. Understand how that has been tested and confirmed for quite extensive limits and you will understand why the vast majority of scientists think that it is both a theory and a fact. Just like gravity.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I believe your statement is total speculation based on flimsy evidence at best.
The Bible was written by desert nomads; they did not have an explanation for how man came to be. Adam and Eve was a legend written to explain the unknown.. Do you have evidence to the contrary?