• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you agree with evengelical actions?

jew123

Just wanted to see what people think about what evengelicals do and if its a good idea or bad. and if you are one lets hear what you gotta say.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Us "evangelicals" do a lot of different things, so maybe you could narrow down the scope a bit.

meogi

I really, really dislike proselytizing. Although I do enjoy watching the occasional evangelical broadcast... just to laugh at believers convincing believers. And the way they talk! :D

I second NetDoc-- it depends on whom we are talking about, and what action(s). Unlike many of my fellow nontheists, I do not view 'evangelical' as a swear-word, and indeed I have found that the most devoted followers of cults/religions are oftentimes the most caring people I have encountered.

meogi

True spinks, but are they out to convert every last man, woman, and child on earth? (That's how I see many of these 'evangelicals') Usually the most devout keep to themselves unless asked... at least, that's how my friends are.

Scuba Pete

Meogi,

I hope to convert as many as I can before I move on to the next plane of existence. My approach is highly unusual... I try to love people into the Kingdom. That being said, I do leave the decision to listen or not to the hearer.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
meogi said:
I really, really dislike proselytizing. Although I do enjoy watching the occasional evangelical broadcast... just to laugh at believers convincing believers. And the way they talk! :D
What a knee snapper....:sarcastic

Sigh.........

~Victor

meogi

Victor said:
What a knee snapper....:sarcastic

Sigh.........
I always thought it was knee slapper... and it was a joke, I never watch broadcasts for fun. And you gotta admit, the way tele-evangelicals portray themselves is somewhat amusing. I didn't intend to annoy anyone.

NetDoc said:
I hope to convert as many as I can before I move on to the next plane of existence. My approach is highly unusual... I try to love people into the Kingdom. That being said, I do leave the decision to listen or not to the hearer.
NetDoc, as long as you don't condemn them to fire and brimstone if they don't listen (even subtly), that's quite alright with me :)

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
What I find interesting is the number of evangelicals who really dislike the shoe on the other foot. When someone tells me about how I should share their faith in Jesus, I instead share my faith in Buddhism with them. Many of them seem to dislike this intensely, whereas I find it a very relevant example of the Buddhist principle of cause and effect..

What I don't like is when a person is interested only in giving you a sermon, rather than having a conversation. As Engyo suggested, some who eagerly wish to share their faith with you are not even remotely interested in hearing about your faith.

Scuba Pete

It all depends on your motivation.

Some people share out of a deep love for their fellow man.

Some share out of legalism.