• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do those who prefer falsehood over truth deserve hell forever?

Alien826

No religious beliefs
You have already decided when you hope for Heaven - you want the easy lazy life - As an Adult you are supposed to ask questions
If you see an ad on TV touting a vacation to Disney land over a low, low price, your kids might shout and say "Let's Go!"
But you, as an adult need to ask the proper questions - what is involved in this given price - what kind of a room? What events can you go to? Is the airfare included?
Someone says, "Just quit your low paying job, mean boss and some rich guy will show up at your door and GIVE you millions, live the good life"
Are you drooling? And saying I am going to quit now? No, you are calling that guy a fool
Religions are making the same easy cheap promises - God is the rich Guy just GIVING away the good life!
You don't walk into a car dealership and just buy whatever the salesman is pitching
If you are stuck with a lemon - what do you think you will have to do?
As an Adult you need to question these easy promises that religion is making
Life teaches you that if you don't ask such questions don't complain if the result is not to your liking
God doesn't need to create a whole magic land in the sky where billions of people just sit about doing nothing
Have you heard of Occam's Razor?
Well that applies here
You have chosen blindly to accept life as a dependent - sit around doing nothing
And such a life is the life of a pet - a sheep, a tree
So those who choose Heaven will get such a life - not what they expected, but it is their choice
Free Will

Oh dear. I saw a reference to being a dog in some future life and thought that might not be a bad idea. So I wrote something humorous about it. I do that.

For the record, I have no expectation of anything happening after my death.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wonder about some possible irony.....
Could judgement day send people to eternal
torment in the Lake Of Fire for having presented
their God as so vengeful that he'd send unbelievers
to Hell just for ignorance....for not believing?
Can't prove otherwise, eh.

Last edited:

Alien826

No religious beliefs
There's something now that people didn't have back when these religions were being suggested. That is a scientific understanding of the world that gives an explanation of how things happen that doesn't require anything supernatural. Does that mean that the religious concepts are false? Not necessarily, but it gives people an option that they didn't have before, and that option makes perfect sense, by and large. I understand that makes proselytizing more difficult, but sorry, that's the way it is.

idea

Question Everything
Yet, disbelievers insist proof is not presented. Quran in reply shows even when clear proofs are presented by Messengers, people respond that no proof is presented and that what they say is unclear and not understandable.

It's a rational response. You can look at it from viewpoint of disbeliever or viewpoint of belief. Or viewpoint of neutrality. Why would it make this claim if belief is true sort of thing.

From the last thing mentioned, it's good to see that if there is a burden proof, there is a burden to listen, per Islam God has provided proof, but people don't listen.

Have you listened to Christian leaders? How about Jewish? Hindu? Why do you reject other faiths?

I suspect I reject Muslim religion for many of the same reasons you reject other faiths.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
I wonder about some possible irony.....
Could judgement day send people to eternal
torment in the Lake Of Fire for having presented
their God as so vengeful that he'd send unbelievers
to Hell just for ignorance....for not believing?
Can't prove otherwise, eh.
These are Master/Slave religions - ancient people living under Kings, dictators used them as a template for God
Hence all the - Get down on our knees, beg, grovel, blindly obey and sing only his praises
These were simple people without much knowledge of the world and hence they envisioned an after-world similar to the one they had in real life - King like God sitting on this throne in the Heavens, Heaven is his Kingdom, and it is open to only those who believe and support him, the rest will suffer
In today's world that would be like living in Russia or North Korea
We see that those who blindly believe and support the "Dear Loving Master" are rewarded with the good life and those that do not like Navalny, recently die cruel deaths!
Frightening to understand that primitive simple people had the brains to create Gods and Heavens that reflected their way of life then but the bright, educated, a lot more knowledgeable people of today blindly follow their primitive ideas of God

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Have you listened to Christian leaders? How about Jewish? Hindu? Why do you reject other faiths?

I suspect I reject Muslim religion for many of the same reasons you reject other faiths.
They HAVE to - you need to understand the religion, their goal
These are Master/Slave religions - ancient people living
under Kings, dictators used them as a template for God
Hence all the - Get down on our knees, beg, grovel, blindly obey and sing only his praises
These were simple people without much knowledge of the world and hence they envisioned an after-world similar to the one they had in real life - King like God sitting on this throne in the Heavens, Heaven is his Kingdom, and it is open to only those who believe and support him, the rest will suffer
In today's world that would be like living in Russia or North Korea
We see that those who blindly believe and support the "Dear Loving Master" are rewarded with the good life and those that do not like, Navalny, recently die cruel deaths!
2nd is their goal - Heaven - a life of ease & comfort for eternity
and such a life is GIVEN, it is not Earned
Obviously if someone GIVES us millions, it places us in his debt, now we try to support him as much as we can
God will GIVE them a life of ease & comfort
And these are Jealous Gods - they may not praise any other Gods or else he will get angry and will not GIVE them that good life
Think Putin, Kim Jong Un - you think you can praise some other leader and survive living in those countries?
Hence the hate against all other religions

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Oh dear. I saw a reference to being a dog in some future life and thought that might not be a bad idea. So I wrote something humorous about it. I do that.

For the record, I have no expectation of anything happening after my death.
Sure Dogs get Heaven - the easy good life
Imagine someone tending to all your needs - good food(well, not sure what the dogs think about eating the same food every day, 2,3 times a day but whoever asked their opinion, right?), lay about all day every, nice long walks, a master who takes them to the doctor when sick, makes sure the harsh real world does not intrude
Isn't that the Heaven that theists hope for?
But of course with every choice there are downsides
A life as a dependent comes with extreme risks as this good life can be taken away in an instant
Master dies, the new owners might not want you and so might dump you by the side of the road or in a shelter
Or dogs can end up with cruel and sadistic owners

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Perhaps your "guidance" is merely your believing
what you want, & justifying it by claiming it's from
God because it feels thus.
I observe reality. I consider it at great length.
And the result is no sign of or guidance from
any deities.
*Mod edit*
He can't -unless you can promise an easy lazy life of comfort waiting for him after death
That is the carrot that drives these beliefs

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He can't -unless you can promise an easy lazy life of comfort waiting for him after death
That is the carrot that drives these beliefs
Not all want an easy life.
I see some who want certainty about all.
Religion offers them a detailed reality of that.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
We aren't refer to all truths though, just the main spiritual truth of God and his reality.

That's a religious belief, not a "truth".
Truth is demonstrable.

Denying some truths as I said in the opening post is not the issue. It's denying the truth that is related with goodness and beauty and denying morality at it's core root which is the problem.
I don't require any religious beliefs to engage in moral reasoning.
In fact, I will flat out claim that moral reasoning works best when it isn't hindered by blind belief in obedience to perceived authorities

Muffled

Jesus in me
@Link

I don't think ANYONE prefers false over true. I think that people who believe falsehoods do so because they are mistaken, making a mental error.

And no, I can't imagine God punishing someone forever simply because they made an intellectual mistake.
I believe there is no such thing as an intellectual mistake. The gospel is so simple that even a retarded youth I met understood it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wow, I guess you live in a different universe. Where I live, everyone makes intellectual mistakes. It's part of being human.
I think there is a disagreement with Islam and non-Muslims on how clear the truth is. I think Quran says the guidance has made been made clear from error.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have family members who like their sin and won't leave it even though they know it does them harm
I like my sins.
They're not the secularly wicked kind, eg, murder,
bearing false witness kind, late rent payment.
On the whole, they've been good for me.