• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do these verses point to a life in heaven right when we die?

cataway

Do these verses point to a life in heaven right when we die?I think they do.:)

Ephesians 3:14-15

and

Philippians 3:20
Fact is very few are invited to go to heaven.they dont go to set around and do nothing . they will have jobs to do. Possibly the same job for all eternal y

Muffled

Jesus in me
Fact is very few are invited to go to heaven.they dont go to set around and do nothing . they will have jobs to do. Possibly the same job for all eternal y

I believe the key verse is:
Heb 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

I believe the orthodox view that judgment means Heaven or Hell is an assumption. It is an attempt to do God's judging for Him. So no, I don't believe it is an invitation but rather a judgment as to whether a person needs to be in Heaven and I see no judgment that a person should be sent to Hell until the Great White Throne Judgment.

cataway

I believe the key verse is:
Heb 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

I believe the orthodox view that judgment means Heaven or Hell is an assumption. It is an attempt to do God's judging for Him. So no, I don't believe it is an invitation but rather a judgment as to whether a person needs to be in Heaven and I see no judgment that a person should be sent to Hell until the Great White Throne Judgment.
to receive a judgment means death . if you have not committed any transgression there is no need of a judgment ,you are left to live