• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do these verses point to a life in heaven right when we die?

Frank Goad

Do these verses point to a life in heaven right when we die?I think they do.:)

Ephesians 3:14-15

and

Philippians 3:20

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The previous chapter says we are already seated in heavenly places and that we are resurrected now and were originally dead. Context.:curlyloop:

Nimos

I don't think this have anything to do with life in heaven at all. You have to read it in context and when you do, it seems to be more of a praise of staying strong and not lose hope/faith aimed at the gentiles, despite the dire situation that Paul is in.

This one seems to me to be part of the dispute Paul is having with Peter (If I recall correctly) and the whole issue with whether or not gentiles ought to be circumcised or not, or said in another way. Pauls believe that simply accepting Jesus as the savior is enough and that the law is of no real value as long as one believe in Jesus. Which Peter disagree with and say that one should follow the law as God has commanded and that it is through the law that you are saved.

My guess is, that there is probably some argument or discussion going on between the followers about whether or not one is a "true" Christian or which delegation is correct according to the teachings and Paul is trying to put them at ease telling them that they are on the right path and just have to keep follow his teachings.

At least that is how I understand it.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you give a quote please?:)From the bible?
The OP doesn't quote. I'll reference yours plus the previous chapter in Ephesians that gives context for 'Heaven' in the verse. Whoever wants to look it up may do so for themselves.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

and

No, I do not think that those verses are referring to a life in heaven right when we die, although I believe that is where we are headed, after the life review and the judgment.

2ndpillar

and

Those who are to rule during the kingdom of heaven (Rev 20:4), must first rise from the dead at that time. The tares seed (Eph & Phi), the lawless message of the "devil" (Mt 13) the father of lies, does not have standing at the "end of the age", when the product of the tare seed, the tares, face judgment when thrown into the furnace of fire (great tribulation) (Mt 13:30). To avoid this furnace of fire, one must repent, produce good fruit, and be baptized in the Spirit (Mt 3).

101G

GINOLJC, to all.
not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this...... Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"
are we in heaven now? no, are our names written in heaven, yes. but are we there? no. physically these scriptures do not apply, only Spiritually.

PICJAG,
101G.

2ndpillar

GINOLJC, to all.
not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this...... Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"
are we in heaven now? no, are our names written in heaven, yes. but are we there? no. physically these scriptures do not apply, only Spiritually.

PICJAG,
101G.

You are conflating the "kingdom of heaven" with the kingdom of God, which is to come as explained in Daniel 2 & Mt 24, which is when the earthly kingdoms are all "crushed" at the same time, which has not happened to this date. The "kingdom of heaven" which is at hand (Mt 10:7-8), is power and spirit, and is displayed in the healing of the sick and raising of the dead, and is dead among the daughters of Babylon. The "kingdom of God" starts with judgment of the nations and chastening of Jacob/Israel (Jeremiah 30:10-11) & (Daniel 2:44-45). The tares, the lawless, followers of the false gospel of grace, will be the "first" to be "gathered" and thrown into the furnace of fire (great tribulation) (Mt 13:30). Your Ephesians 2:6 is simply part of the tare seed, planted among the good seed, used to grow tares, which are destined for the "furnace of fire". Now that we are at the "end of the age", the tares and their seed are being refuted (Mt 24:14), and have only repentance or the furnace of fire to look forward too. Yeshua went away in order to send the Holy Spirit, Comforter. You are probably sitting behind a desk on earth, whereas Yeshua is sitting in heaven. One can travel in spirit to heaven, to make a case, but in no case do they sit and lounge around. They eventually die on earth (Jeremiah 31:30), and return to the dust of the ground. (Gen 3:7).

Muffled

Jesus in me

and

I believe it is reasonable to say that our spiritual state is our natural state and that is all that Phil. 3:20 says.

I do not see anything in the other verse maybe if you quote it I can see it.