• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Quranist believe Jesus (AS) passed away?

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
What about finality of prophethood?
Also do you believe Jesus (as) was a law bearing prophet?
Is there belief in coming of any prophet in the latter days from the Quran?

Union

What about finality of prophethood?
Also do you believe Jesus (as) was a law bearing prophet?
Is there belief in coming of any prophet in the latter days from the Quran?

Salam RM . Muhammad is the final Prophet (Nabi) and no other Prophet (Nabi) is going to come after him .

Yes , Jesus was a law bearing Prophet (Nabi) . If somehow Jesus is alive , then Prophet Muhammad was not the last Prophet , which contradict one of the basic belief of Khatama Nubuyat of Prophet Muhammad .

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
I hope you don't mind my questions. I am just trying to understand mainstream Quranist views and see how much they differ from Sunni and Shia beliefs.
-From you understanding, what is the difference between Nabi and Rasul.
-Do you believe Adam (as) was the first man?
-Did Jesus (as) revive people who had passed away?
-Was the flood of Noah (as) global?
-Did Soloman (as) have capability to speak to animals (ants, birds,..)?
-Did Muhammad (saw) physically ascend to heaven?
-Does the status of Muhammad (saw) differ from other prophets?
-Does the word "Jinn" in the Quran refer to a single creation like Children of Adam?
-When the Quran speaks about people turning into apes and swine, is that a physical transformation?

Union

I hope you don't mind my questions. I am just trying to understand mainstream Quranist views and see how much they differ from Sunni and Shia beliefs.
-Does the word "Jinn" in the Quran refer to a single creation like Children of Adam?
-When the Quran speaks about people turning into apes and swine, is that a physical transformation?

Salam Rm . Your questions are interesting and I would love to discuss them here . But I am time constrained now , hence please keep patience , it might take a bit time , and may one by one , not all together . Thanks.

Union

Talking with birds is not unusual at all for human . Hundreds of birds in the earth possess the intelligent to establish communication with human, even able to learn even some thousands of words in any language its trainer can train it . Hence there is no surprise that Prophet Solomon was able to talk with a bird . Moreover , Almighty ALLAH already mentioned that HE , the Exalted endowed Solomon the skill of understand the language of different animals ,means he must have mastered the method of communication/signal of different animals . As GOD , the Exalted said :

Al-Qur’an , 27:16 >>

“Solomon was David's heir. He said, "O PEOPLE, WE HAVE BEEN ENDOWED WITH UNDERSTANDING THE LANGUAGE OF THE BIRDS, AND ALL KINDS OF THINGS HAVE BEEN BESTOWED UPON US. This is indeed a real blessing."

Talking bird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Birds Share 'Language' Gene with Humans: Scientific American

Now talking with ants might be a problem . But hold on , nowhere in the Qur'an it was said that Solomon was talking with the ant. Here is the verse in question :

[27:18] When they approached the valley of the ants, one ant said, "O you ants, go into your homes, lest you get crushed by Solomon and his soldiers, without perceiving."

[27:19] He smiled and laughed at her statement, and said, "My Lord, direct me to be appreciative of the blessings You have bestowed upon me and my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Admit me by Your mercy into the company of Your righteous servants."

Some remarkable things to notice from these strange verses :

01- It is not mentioned in the verse that the ant was talking with Solomon (p) which indeed a difficult phenomenon for an insect to communicate with human . Rather the verse is telling that one ant was giving instruction to others , which is really very scientific .

http://home.olemiss.edu/~hickling/

02- The second verse is telling us that Solomon (p) understood what they were communicating with each other . This part is the most difficult part to explain but for sure not impossible . Humans are able to establish communication with different animals by observing their signals . Hence to understand ant's signal is not a fairy tale for Solomon and since All-knowing ALLAH taught him how to do so .

Vocal learning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cetacean intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Secret Language of Dolphins -- National Geographic Kids

03- 27:19 verse itself testifies that the way Solomon understood the ants were nothing but a power given by GOD . That is the very reason for what we can see Solomon was praising of GOD for the knowledge and power HE bestowed in him .

04 – In 27:19 GOD used feminine gender (KAWL+IHA) for the ant . verse 18 is telling that one ant ordered the other ants to get inside the colony . Hence this ant must be the queen ant and is female . In 7th century , Qur’an described the gender of queen ant rightly which might be unknown . I have read the researches of variants scientists on ants but all those information are discovers very recently . No body mentioned that in ancient time people knew about the gender of ants .

Union

No it was not global rather it was local which affected the tribe of Noah only .

[11:25] We sent Noah to his people, saying, "I come to you as a clear warner.

[11:26] "You shall not worship except GOD. I fear for you the retribution of a painful day."

[7:64] They rejected him. Consequently, we saved him and those with him in the ark, and we drowned those who rejected our revelations; they were blind.

[7:72] We then saved him and those with him, by mercy from us, and we annihilated those who rejected our revelations and refused to be believers.

We can see from the above verses that the people of Noah only destroyed by that flood .

Union

Salam RM . I don't think there is a much differebnce between the Rasul and Nabi , specially when their duties and obligation are concerned . But what I found interesting from the Qur'an is, all Nabi are from human race only while Rasul are from human and angels both . For example , see the following verses :

Rasul :

[022:075] God chooses messengers from angels and from men for God is He Who hears and sees (all things).

Nabi :

[019:058] Those were some of the prophets on whom God did bestow His Grace,- of the posterity of Adam, and of those who We carried (in the Ark) with Noah, and of the posterity of Abraham and Israel of those whom We guided and chose. Whenever the Signs of (God) Most Gracious were rehearsed to them, they would fall down in prostrate adoration and in tears.

[057:026] And We sent Noah and Abraham, and established in their line Prophethood and Revelation: and some of them were on right guidance. But many of them became rebellious transgressors.

[019:058] Those were some of the prophets on whom God did bestow His Grace,- of the posterity of Adam, and of those who We carried (in the Ark) with Noah, and of the posterity of Abraham and Israel of those whom We guided and chose. Whenever the Signs of (God) Most Gracious were rehearsed to them, they would fall down in prostrate adoration and in

That is the reason Almighty ALLAH procalimed Muhammad to be the last Nabi but not the last Rasul as so many angels are stil alive who could be the Rasul :

[033:040] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets: and God has full knowledge of all things.

Union

Salam Rm . ALLAH , swt , expressed it in an imperative mood [FONT=&quot]كونوا قردة (Be apes..)[/FONT] , it can't be an allegorical expression . Hence I think it is a physical transformation. Under Genetic Engineering the transformation and transfection did a lot of progress in transforming of DNA,RNA,Protein etc.C. Venter Institute succeeded to transforming bacteria from one species to another . In near future it might not be impossible to transform human into animal . I am sure you have seen so many sci-fi movies where human is transforming to wolf , dolphine , tiger etc.

With GOD this genetic engineering is a child play . It was indeed easy for HIM to transform human into an animal .

Union

Nowhere in the Qur'an it is mentioned that Adam was the first human . I can say that he was the first Khalif of ALLAH , swt , on the earth, but not the first human . The verse says :

[002:030] Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

The interesting part of this verse is how did the angels know that human would commit mischief and slaughtering on the earth ? They ought have witnessed so before the creation of Adam , hence objected .

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
I wanted to let you know that I am reading your post most interestingly and your efforts are not in vain.

You genuinely try to use reason and do not just blindly stand by majority view. I really like that. I personally feel that some of the views such as Adam (as) as first man and Jesus (as) alive are more Gnostic Christian influences on Islam, after converts understood Islam with unintentional bias from their prior faith.

Union

I wanted to let you know that I am reading your post most interestingly and your efforts are not in vain.

You genuinely try to use reason and do not just blindly stand by majority view. I really like that. I personally feel that some of the views such as Adam (as) as first man and Jesus (as) alive are more Gnostic Christian influences on Islam, after converts understood Islam with unintentional bias from their prior faith.

Salam RM . Thanks a lot for your kind words and inspirations . I should have invested more time and effort to be speedy to response you but some business and family issues are not allowing me to sit on the computer for even an hour/day . Thanking you again ...

Union

Salam . All prophets are equally noble and honorable . There are explicit verses in the Qur'an where it was instructed not to discriminant among the prophets .

[2:136] Say, "We believe in GOD, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs; and in what was given to Moses and Jesus, and all the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters."

[2:285] The messenger has believed in what was sent down to him from his Lord, and so did the believers. They believe in GOD, His angels, His scripture, and His messengers: "We make no distinction among any of His messengers." They say, "We hear, and we obey.Forgive us, our Lord. To You is the ultimate destiny."

[3:84] Say, "We believe in GOD, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs, and in what was given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters."

[4:150] Those who disbelieve in GOD and His messengers, and seek to make distinction among GOD and His messengers, and say, "We believe in some and reject some," and wish to follow a path in between;

Union

Salam Rm . It was not Jesus but Almighty GOD revived the death through Jesus.The implication of the word through is important because Jesus didn't possess any power to perform those miracles unless Almighty GOD applied HIS power through Jesus .

[005:110] When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, when I strengthened you I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.

Union

Salam Rm . So far the Qur'an is concerned , there is no evidence of Prophet Muhammad's ascension to heaven which is traditionally called Isra or Mirajj.The verse that is believed to be associate with this is :

[017:001] Glory to (God) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).

This verse doesn't mention the name rather said 'His servant' .Now the question is who is this servant . Traditionally it is interpreted as Prophet Muhammad . But if you restrict yourself within the Qur'an , to look for the answer for this question , the immediate next verse will answer you that it was prophet Moses :

[017:002] And WE gave Moses the Book and WE made it a guidance for the Children of Israel, commanding, `Take ye no guardian beside ME,

If you keep on reading the verse 3,4,5... you will see that all are about Prophet Moses and his tribe Bani Israel . In fact the chapter itself named ' Bani Israel' which predicts the sura to be dedicated to discuss about the story of Moses and his tribe primarily .

Also it would be really appealing to inquire whether Prophet Moses had ever undertaken any night journey which might appear noticeable/vital for his life . Yes , we really do find this incident described by Almighty ALLAH in Qur'an in sevearl different places :

[028:029] Now when Moses had fulfilled the term, and was traveling with his family, he perceived a fire in the direction of Mount Tur. He said to his family: "Tarry ye; I perceive a fire; I hope to bring you from there some information, or a burning firebrand, that ye may warm yourselves."

[028:030] But when he came to the (fire), a voice was heard from the right bank of the valley, from a tree in hallowed ground: "O Moses! Verily I am God, the Lord of the Worlds....
[028:031] "Now do thou throw thy rod!" but when he saw it moving (of its own accord) as if it had been a snake, he turned back in retreat, and retraced not his steps: O Moses!" (It was said), "Draw near, and fear not: for thou art of those who are secure.
[028:032] "Move thy hand into thy bosom, and it will come forth white without stain (or harm), and draw thy hand close to thy side (to guard) against fear. Those are the two credentials from thy Lord to Pharaoh and his Chiefs: for truly they are a people rebellious and wicked."

[020:009] Has the story of Moses reached thee?

[020:010] Behold, he saw a fire: So he said to his family, "Tarry ye; I perceive a fire; perhaps I can bring you some burning brand therefrom, or find some guidance at the fire."
[020:011] But when he came to the fire, a voice was heard: "O Moses!
[020:012] "Verily I am thy Lord! therefore (in My presence) put off thy shoes: thou art in the sacred valley Tuwa.
[020:013] "I have chosen thee: listen, then, to the inspiration (sent to thee).
[020:014] "Verily, I am God: There is no god but I: So serve thou Me (only), and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.
[020:015] "Verily the Hour is coming - My design is to keep it hidden - for every soul to receive its reward by the measure of its Endeavour.
[020:016] "Therefore let not such as believe not therein but follow their own lusts, divert thee therefrom, lest thou perish!"..
[020:017] "And what is that in the right hand, O Moses?"
[020:018] He said, "It is my rod: on it I lean; with it I beat down fodder for my flocks; and in it I find other uses."
[020:019] (God) said, "Throw it, O Moses!"
[020:020] He threw it, and behold! It was a snake, active in motion.
[020:021] (God) said, "Seize it, and fear not: We shall return it at once to its former condition"..
[020:022] "Now draw thy hand close to thy side: It shall come forth white (and shining), without harm (or stain),- as another Sign,-
[020:023] "In order that We may show thee (two) of our Greater Signs.

[027:007] Behold! Moses said to his family: "I perceive a fire; soon will I bring you from there some information, or I will bring you a burning brand to light our fuel, that ye may warn yourselves.
[027:008] But when he came to the (fire), a voice was heard: "Blessed are those in the fire and those around: and glory to God, the Lord of the worlds.
[027:009] "O Moses! verily, I am God, the exalted in might, the wise!....
[027:010] "Now do thou throw thy rod!" But when he saw it moving (of its own accord)as if it had been a snake, he turned back in retreat, and retraced not his steps: "O Moses!" (it was said), "Fear not: truly, in My presence, those called as apostles have no fear,-
[027:011] "But if any have done wrong and have thereafter substituted good to take the place of evil, truly, I am Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
[027:012] "Now put thy hand into thy bosom, and it will come forth white without stain (or harm): (these are) among the nine Signs (thou wilt take) to Pharaoh and his people: for they are a people rebellious in transgression."

There is also another account of night journey undertaken by Prophet Moses along with tribe of Israel is here :

[044:023] So go forth with My servants by night; surely you will be pursued:
[044:024] And leave the sea intervening; surely they are a host that shall be drowned.

The above mentioned night journeys of Prophet Moses has a neat link with verse 17:1 which mistakenly interpreted of Muhammad's . Moreover we have seen before , verse 17:2 mentioned Moses' name and verse 17:1 and 17:2 are separated by 'wa' (and) which suggest a continuation of the incident.

Union

I do believe so .

[055:014] He created man from sounding clay like unto pottery,
[055:015] And He created Jinns from fire free of smoke:

[015:026] We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;

[015:027] And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind.