• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do psychic mediums disprove religion?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Spirit Channeller said:
This is all very interesting and possibly one of the most interesting discussion I have read on any Website that discusses these things in a rational way without it turning into a fight.
I would like to state that I have been channelling for spirits for a long time now and it is real.
When the Spirit of the Dead leaves their earthly body all its intelligence and memories goes with it and I know this because I am in communication with realtives that I knew when they walked the Earth and I am in communication with the Spirits of others whom I never knew but I knew of them because some of them were Public figures whose name almost anyone in the World would recognize but for now I am writing only about Spirits and life after Death in General,.
How all this should affect Religion and peoples beliefs only time will tell but for me it proves what Jesus preached about Everlasting Life.
Now that I know these things I am now thinking more about the Creator and Evolution and all sorts of other things that are being discussed.
Now I am more thinking about where is the Creator and what is the Creator who could create all the wonderful things in the World and where is Heaven located and now I find myself exploring the Heavens like a space Traveler and while I don't have the answer to any of those things at this time I am confident of one thing and that Life after Death and in order for all of this to Exist we have to have had a Creator and as time went on down the ages we have all evolved and continue to evolve as science develops new methods for dealing with disease and all sorts of things.
Take for example all the beautiful perfect people we have in this generation and get out some books with pictures and see what people looked like back through generations and you will see that new technology, and foods and medicines enable us to look better and live longer and to be that is what evolving is all about.
Having said that I believe more people should try to develop their God Given Psychic Abilities and learn to communicate with their own friends and relatives and Guides in the Universe and stop being afraid of them and stop looking for them in Grave Yards because the Spirits of the Dead probably don't hang around cemeteries but they may be with you in your home watching your favorite shows even soap oeprats the way mine do at times.

This is all very interesting and possibly one of the most interesting discussion I have read on any Website that discusses these things in a rational way without it turning into a fight.
My experience is no fight, but no responses. I cannot understand why people are so against the idea of psychics (well, I can undertand the non-theists). But to me, psychic powers are real, and are there to be developed by any person who cares to do so.

It is natural in children, but unless use is made of the ability, it waines with age. I liked your post.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
uumckk16 said:
Thanks for clarifying! That's really very interesting, IMO. Wow.

If I may ask, how does this affect your faith? (I was gonna PM you about this since it's kind of personal before realizing that's actually what the thread is about :D) What I mean is...you're Christian, right? So how does believing someone who believes in reincarnation affect your faith? Just wondering :)
I have been a Christian for over 20 years but am at a crossroads at the moment not being sure where I'll end up. :)

In most traditional Protestant denominations, talking with psychics concerning the spirits of the dead is a big no no. It's viewed as cavorting with the devil pretty much. It's not a practice I would be dependent on but I do think some people have a sixth sense gift and if it's used for helping others I see nothing wrong with it. Personally I've never had the need to ask about a dead loved one.

As far as me believing in reincarnation....I'm just not sure. I have no idea if it's true...none of us do really, it's all speculation.

Random

I think psychic mediums and their fakery prove that we need religions, where @ least some reason, rationality and philosophy may prevail against superstitious and deceptive nonsense. Too often, I have seen mediums prey on the emotional vulnerablility of distressed people who have lost loved ones or, less empathetically, suffered fianancial misforture and try to sell false goods and parlour tricks to give them equally false hope. I realize in saying that I am giving them more credit than they deserve and possibly insulting the punters who attend for the fun or mystery, but it really isn't something one should consider. Stick to a real system of beliefs @ all costs, and don't give yourself and your sense to charlatans, that's what I say.

uumckk16

Buttercup said:
I have been a Christian for over 20 years but am at a crossroads at the moment not being sure where I'll end up. :)
Good luck! :)

Buttercup said:
In most traditional Protestant denominations, talking with psychics concerning the spirits of the dead is a big no no. It's viewed as cavorting with the devil pretty much. It's not a practice I would be dependent on but I do think some people have a sixth sense gift and if it's used for helping others I see nothing wrong with it. Personally I've never had the need to ask about a dead loved one.
Okay, thanks for answering my question :)

Buttercup said:
As far as me believing in reincarnation....I'm just not sure. I have no idea if it's true...none of us do really, it's all speculation.
Agreed :D

How do you feel about Jesus Channelling for God and the Scribes who wrote the Bible they were all channellers for Spirit.
God and Jesus are now Spirits in the After Life and as such they no doubt need to communicate with people here on Earth who pray to them, and if people here on Earth don't listen to or believe in Life after Death how are they to listen to the word of God or know when he answers their Prayers?
Perhaps there are a few Psychics out there who fudge on the truth and take advantage of people but most of us just want to share our experiences and don't run scams at all and all we are out to do is to tell the World there is something beyond Earth.
We never know when we may be the one sitting up in the Spirit World and realize we are alive and can actually visit and talk to our Relatives but when we try they all cry ghosts or Poltergeist and run away.
Sometimes when people are Murdered or something like that they can't adjust to their deaths unless they can reach Earth and try to help catch their killers because no one wants these kinds of people to go free without punishment and there are lots of Psychic Detectives who do help the police to know who did this to people and why.
So there are many good, honest psychics out there doing a good job and peoples attitudes sometimes keeps others from believing in them so they can help to do good things.