• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people actually believe in that evolution rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Could somebody please explain to me how this miracle is supposed to work? Saying that humans were once fishes is a nice fairy story but the way some people describe it, it's as if they've literally seen a fish turn into a human, which is just not the case.
Please be trolling. Please be trolling. Please be trolling.

Alceste

Vagabond
I have yet to see how admitting the obvious answer of "no" to a ridiculous question of whether or not we've witnessed a fish change into a human is admitting that it the transition is not possible via evolution. Nor have I ever seen anyone claim that they have ever "seen all of the stages at play last weekend". What we have seen is fossil evidence and more that verifies how evolution has taken place and how one lifeform has transitioned into another throughout billions of years to bring us to the point we are now.

You seemed quite perturbed that so many wouldn't bother to answer your question to begin with, but then look at your answer when someone actually does. Why do you think so many wouldn't bother to answer you? They knew the type of response that was coming.

I think creationists are taught that "were you there" is an extraordinarily compelling rebuttal of the mountains of evidence for evolution.

I'm not surprised they get frustrated when others won't play along. That question is pitched as an automatic victory point by the likes of Ken Ham. It must be a shock to use it and still lose the debate decisively.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I think creationists are taught that "were you there" is an extraordinarily compelling rebuttal of the mountains of evidence for evolution.

I'm not surprised they get frustrated when others won't play along. That question is pitched as an automatic victory point by the likes of Ken Ham. It must be a shock to use it and still lose the debate decisively.

Irony just makes me laugh that we somehow aren't supposed to turn that around and ask them if they were there when "Creation" happened. Why do they think it a good argument for them and not for us?

sunni56

I have yet to see how admitting the obvious answer of "no" to a ridiculous question of whether or not we've witnessed a fish change into a human is admitting that it the transition is not possible via evolution. Nor have I ever seen anyone claim that they have ever "seen all of the stages at play last weekend". What we have seen is fossil evidence and more that verifies how evolution has taken place and how one lifeform has transitioned into another throughout billions of years to bring us to the point we are now.

You seemed quite perturbed that so many wouldn't bother to answer your question to begin with, but then look at your answer when someone actually does. Why do you think so many wouldn't bother to answer you? They knew the type of response that was coming.
Stop fishing for attention with that crap. Nowhere did I say in my response to that particular user of this forum that their "no" response implies that evolution couldn't have happened. That's a sick, twisted strawman conjured up by yourself. Despicable, go and learn basic English comprehension or debating skills if you want to be taken seriously. What country are you from? Is English even your first language?

Yes, you might not have seen people behaving in a way that seems as though they have witnessed all the stages of evolution last weekend but I have, and that's all that matters because that was in the question. The question was not about you or your irrelevant experiences or existence. Learn how to read properly.

Alceste

Vagabond
Irony just makes me laugh that we somehow aren't supposed to turn that around and ask them if they were there when "Creation" happened. Why do they think it a good argument for them and not for us?

A huge amount of hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance is required to believe in YEC in the first place, considering how obvious it is that evolution is true. It shouldn't surprise us that their arguments are hypocritical and irrational.

Alceste

Vagabond
Stop fishing for attention with that crap. Nowhere did I say in my response to that particular user of this forum that their "no" response implies that evolution couldn't have happened. That's a sick, twisted strawman conjured up by yourself. Despicable, go and learn basic English comprehension or debating skills if you want to be taken seriously. What country are you from? Is English even your first language?

Yes, you might not have seen people behaving in a way that seems as though they have witnessed all the stages of evolution last weekend but I have, and that's all that matters because that was in the question. The question was not about you or your irrelevant experiences or existence. Learn how to read properly.

You're hilarious.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Yes, naturally you'd know a lot about that wouldn't you ;)

Yup. I do. After 8 years as a sup-mod in other forums. ... Sorry. I know you were joking, but I just had to brag about my experience. :)

I met my first troll before you were born. You ever used a BBS?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Have you ever seen a human evolve to a troll in front of your eyes?

Yeah. Daily. :(
Then even the OP's has been answered. :angel2:

Evolve in front of our eyes.

To the OP, if you're actually, really, genuinely seriously confused about what evolution teaches, this:

[youtube]7C1NpHA42Bo[/youtube]

Is not how evolution works, which is what you're suggesting. Pokémon is only partially based on facts. :p

Draka

Wonder Woman

Oh, then I should just take it you were putting words in his mouth? As he said not one thing that you said he did. He answered your basic question as to if anyone has witnessed a fish turn into a human.

sunni56 said:
did you or did you not witness a fish transitioning into a human being, yes or no?

His reply was:

No.

Perhaps we can now start discussing the theory of evolution?

Now you come in putting words in his mouth.

It seems as if you're the only one that actually understood where I'm coming from, or maybe I'm being deceived. Nobody else seemed to comprehend the intent behind the question, it was not about the theory of evolution, it was about the conviction behind it. Right, so you've admitted that it is not possible for a fish to transition into a human, so could you explain why some of those who accept the theory give off the impression that they have seen all of the stages at play last weekend?

He admitted no such thing. All he admitted was that he did not witness such. Plain and simple. You put words in his mouth to suit your own purpose and it is quite clear what that purpose is.

All that out, insulting my debating skills, my education, my language skills and so on are not helping your cause. Trying to tear me down on an intellectual level to try to make yourself out as more intelligent and, therefore, by default, having a better standing in this debate, is simply not going to work. Fact is, you are just poorly informed of the facts of evolution and are trying a debate tactic that just does not work no matter which way you try to twist it.

Oh, and I can obviously read quite well. Well enough to know when you put words in other people's mouths. Try it again sometime, I'll catch that too. ;)

sunni56

Then even the OP's has been answered. :angel2:

Evolve in front of our eyes.

To the OP, if you're actually, really, genuinely seriously confused about what evolution teaches, this:

[youtube]7C1NpHA42Bo[/youtube]

Is not how evolution works, which is what you're suggesting. Pokémon is only partially based on facts. :p
That's not what I said, nor have I suggested that. For a staff member who's supposed to be able to read people's posts, you sure aren't doing your job properly.

sunni56

Oh, then I should just take it you were putting words in his mouth? As he said not one thing that you said he did. He answered your basic question as to if anyone has witnessed a fish turn into a human.

His reply was:

Now you come in putting words in his mouth.

He admitted no such thing. All he admitted was that he did not witness such. Plain and simple. You put words in his mouth to suit your own purpose and it is quite clear what that purpose is.

All that out, insulting my debating skills, my education, my language skills and so on are not helping your cause. Trying to tear me down on an intellectual level to try to make yourself out as more intelligent and, therefore, by default, having a better standing in this debate, is simply not going to work. Fact is, you are just poorly informed of the facts of evolution and are trying a debate tactic that just does not work no matter which way you try to twist it.

Oh, and I can obviously read quite well. Well enough to know when you put words in other people's mouths. Try it again sometime, I'll catch that too. ;)
Haha, are you seriously saying that a fish can transition into a human instaneously? Is your IQ through the floor or something? :biglaugh: Because that's what the user was rejecting they saw, and what I agreed with. And now you're sitting there telling me that it's possible for a fish to turn into a human. I don't usually entertain such stupidity but I'll make an exception for you.

Alceste

Vagabond
That's not what I said, nor have I suggested that. For a staff member who's supposed to be able to read people's posts, you sure aren't doing your job properly.

Maybe you aren't communicating clearly.

Perhaps you should describe your understanding of human evolution and tell us specifically what you think the problems with it are.

Asking if anyone has ever personally watched a fish turn into a human suggests you think that's how evolution is supposed to work. The responses you are getting are a direct consequence of your approach.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
You've just written a whole paragraph of ********. I didn't say evolution is a fish turning into a human being Mr. Kojo, I asked if you've seen a fish turn into a human being. There's a difference between a question and a statement, something the homo erectus probably knew.

That being the case, you don't believe that evolution is about fish turning into humans. Therefore, why do you ask if anyone's seen such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.