• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people actually believe in that evolution rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunni56

It is indeed very surprising that someone who claims to have studied evolution asks in the same breath whether anyone "witnessed a fish becoming something else".

You really should try to study evolution again from the start.
Eh no. Could you answer the question? I'm not going to prove what I know or don't know to strangers on the internet who I doubt know anything themselves (since there's no evidence). It's a simple question, if you're too embarrassed to answer then perhaps it says quite a bit about you.

sunni56

My god, the irony....

You didn't, because anyone with any knowledge or understanding of evolution wouldn't ask such an unintelligent question.
Saying things like "My god the irony" does not advance this conversation, and it's invalid as either an argument or a response. If you genuinely believe that I have no knowledge about the TOE, then perhaps I should watch for other beliefs of yours, because from my perspective, you have no credibility. Claiming that I'm ignorant tells me that you are ignorant. And that is ironic, do you not agree?

ArtieE

Eh no. Could you answer the question? I'm not going to prove what I know or don't know to strangers on the internet who I doubt know anything themselves (since there's no evidence). It's a simple question, if you're too embarrassed to answer then perhaps it says quite a bit about you.
We're embarrassed on your behalf because no rational person would ask such a question since the answer is obvious.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Could somebody please explain to me how this miracle is supposed to work? Saying that humans were once fishes is a nice fairy story but the way some people describe it, it's as if they've literally seen a fish turn into a human, which is just not the case.

Uhm... It's a long process of small changes.

I've taken several classes in the topic, and I've tried to explain evolution to people for years, but in the end, I realized that the only way for you to really understand it and get the scope of how it works, you need to go back to school and take a class by someone well educated in it. The evidence is actually extremely strong. I learned how to read and interpret skulls and bones and examined and measured different kinds. When you know what to look for, things because more than convincing. It's like reading a diary by nature. If evolution didn't happen but God created the world in a few days, he did a heck of a job putting in an extreme amount of misdirections to point to evolution. The evidence is there. Just learn.

For you to learn, you can go to Berkeley's website here: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/search/topicbrowse2.php?topic_id=46

Just one out of many.

sunni56

If you actually studied evolution, you would've known that's not how it works, so the question is an irrelevant, ridiculous straw man (thus warrants the patronizing).
Sorry, are you denying the existence of a species of fish as one of the early stages of the theory of evolution? Are you sure you passed high school, yes?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I've studied evolution, so no need to patronize me. Now answer the question; did you or did you not witness a fish transitioning into a human being, yes or no?
No.

Perhaps we can now start discussing the theory of evolution?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
To be clear - we come from a monkey, not a fish.
Incorrect.

We share ancestors with monkeys, apes, cows, whales, birds, etc. We all share common ancestry but on different lengths of time. The closest relative we have is the chimpanzee. Chimpanzees are not monkeys, they are apes. (They've got no tail)

sunni56

We're embarrassed on your behalf because no rational person would ask such a question since the answer is obvious.
I'm the one actually embarrassed on your behalf believe it or not. That's the beauty of the internet, you just don't know who you're talking to.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I've studied evolution, so no need to patronize me. Now answer the question; did you or did you not witness a fish transitioning into a human being, yes or no?
Since you're making such a statement, and I have studied evolution, I can tell you haven't studied enough. Far from it. Evolution doesn't work that way, and if you knew it, you'd not ask such a question.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

No, no one witnessed a fish turn into something else, but as stated, that's not how evolution works (but you would've already known this if you had genuinely studied evolution), so it's a pointless, irrelevant question.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Saying things like "My god the irony" does not advance this conversation, and it's invalid as either an argument or a response. If you genuinely believe that I have no knowledge about the TOE, then perhaps I should watch for other beliefs of yours, because from my perspective, you have no credibility. Claiming that I'm ignorant tells me that you are ignorant. And that is ironic, do you not agree?

Clown antics.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Believing that our origin includes a fish is no doubt a fairy tale; arguably much more so than any claim ever made which has some eye-witness testimony, reliable or otherwise. To make a claim that spectacular requires spectacular evidence, am I wrong?
There are thousands and thousands of spectacular evidences for evolution. You won't go through it and understand it in a few lines of text. Only an simple introduction to evolution are hundreds of pages of text, and it's usually extremely cursory for how it works. So forget it. If you won't spend the time or show an interest in learning, all our time is wasting educating you. The first step is that you actually do want to learn about it, not argue against it at all costs and at the cost of integrity.

Look into Lenski's experiment. 20 years of observations. Just one example.

sunni56

No.

Perhaps we can now start discussing the theory of evolution?
It seems as if you're the only one that actually understood where I'm coming from, or maybe I'm being deceived. Nobody else seemed to comprehend the intent behind the question, it was not about the theory of evolution, it was about the conviction behind it. Right, so you've admitted that it is not possible for a fish to transition into a human, so could you explain why some of those who accept the theory give off the impression that they have seen all of the stages at play last weekend?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
He has been provided plenty of sources and material. The fact that he continues is a sign of willful ignorance induced by primitive superstitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.