• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do naive philosphers attempt to write religion?

Ozzie

Religion requires a narrative, naive philosophy does not, or so it thinks.

Comments?

regulo

Learner
Religion grow out of stories and so do some philosophies but i think naive philosophy just needs naive people

xkatz

Religion requires a narrative, naive philosophy does not, or so it thinks.

Comments?

While religions do have philosophy, not all religion are created out of it.

Buddhism, is a good example of a religion being created out of philosophy because Siddartha Gotama (the Buddha) taught many important issues (ie, life, death, equality, ect) but did not incorporate worship, divine beings, gods, ect into his teaching.

The Abraham faiths are just the opposite. These faiths use stories about god, prophets and worship of god to talk about important issues. It was Abraham that brought the Ten Commandments from god, which tell us as humans how we ought to act and behave.

I hope I answered what your asking :D

imaginaryme

The naive philosopher has a child-like curiosity about the great and difficult issues in life (and possibly also about some small and insignificant puzzles). She wonders about these problems, and explores them in whatever ways seem likely to cast light. Over long periods of time the naive philosopher may have a sense of continually learning more and coming to deeper understanding, but may nevertheless feel a finer appreciation of just how much there is still to be understood. This simultaneous sense of moving towards but feeling further away, is one of the characteristic elements which reveals the skepticism inherent in naive philosophy.

~from Naive Philosophy
In case anyone else was confuziled. :D

As a naive philosopher me own self, I wrote a religion; and it was a disaster. :D So, I don't think so. I never really considered Buddhism nor taoism to be religions... I see there things like the Herkimer field in NY. One goes into these areas, picks up the diamonds that are relevant, and leaves the rest.