• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do I have to believe in reincarnation as a Taoist??

Freedomelf

The title of this thread asks, "Do I have to believe in..." A person may take what they will from any religion and believe whatever they choose. If they take more from one religion than the others, they may call themselves by that religion's name, if they wish. I seriously doubt that people in any religion believe every, single, solitary "rule" that is mentioned in that religion. How many Christians go around stoning people, for example? Just be yourself; you are totally free to believe as you choose and still be a Taoist, if you decide that is your path. :) Peace

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
Well, if you thought Christianity was divided in dogmas, think again :D Taoism is pretty disorganized (compared to Abrahamic religions) as it is and has a lot of variation within. A lot of it seems (to me) to be individual understanding as well. But somehow I never associated reincarnation with it...