• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I choose Hong Kong or South Korea with Japan?

ronki23

Theoretically i'm going to Japan sometime this year on holiday and am going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Nara. I will be there for roughly 10 days. But as it's so far and expensive i'm thinking of going to either South Korea or Hong Kong on the same trip.

I'm more tempted by South Korea as it's unlikely i'd go there otherwise and i've been to Mainland China before. The only advantages Hong Kong has over South Korea are the food and the historical monuments (apparently there are MORE temples and shrines in Hong Kong than Mainland). But on the other hand I heard Seoul is a fun place to go to.

What is there to see in South Korea? I personally want a mixture of shopping and culture

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I would choose South Korea. Hong Kong seems dense, packed, expensive and kind of artificial as it was a British creation in large part. South Korea is the new modern face of real Asia.

ronki23

I would choose South Korea. Hong Kong seems dense, packed, expensive and kind of artificial as it was a British creation in large part. South Korea is the new modern face of real Asia.

I thought HK was cheap? I was told shopping and food are a reason to go. What about Singapore?

But Korea appeals more to me as apparently is different culturally to Japan and China and I was told Seoul is pretty crazy