• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do freya the goddess exist?

Muffled

Jesus in me
It depends on how you define Freya, but I can tell you what I think.

If Freya is an immortal woman with superhuman powers, then, no, Freya probably does not exist.

If Freya is an immaterial mind, like a spirit, that exists externally to one's mind, then, no, Freya probably does not exist.

If Freya is an agency behind some force of nature, then, no, Freya probably does not exist.

If Freya is a personification of abstract concepts like love, then, in a sense, Freya refers to real things.

If Freya is a psychological archetype associated with processes of the mind, such as those involved with infatuation, then, again, Freya refers to real things in a sense.

If Freya is a narrative archetype from cultural folklore, stories of which teach about man's existential purpose in the universe and demonstrate cultural mores, then, in a sense, the spirit of Freya is felt by all who believe in her.

I believe that reduces her to a concept. My, how far the gods have fallen, lol.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All supernatural beings are unreal by definition ─ that is, they don't exist in nature, the world external to the self, objective reality.

They exist only as concepts / things imagined. So none is more or less real than any other.