• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians have special knowledge?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I'm directing this post at Christianity, as I have highly personal experience with fundamental Christianity. Perhaps this question applies to other theistic faiths as well.

Do Christians have special insight?

My former pastor would preach about Christians being possessed by the Holy Spirit. He said that being possessed with this spirit allows Christians to see the world in a different light. They see God in everyday life, supposedly.

When looking at the stars, a Christian will see proof of God. My pastor explained that these proofs were invisible to other folks, as they do not have the Holy Spirit opening their eyes. Others are blind to reality, deluding themselves with empiricism.

What do you think, Christians? Do your God(s) grant you special spiritual knowledge? Do you have insight that us pagans don't have? (The term pagan means anyone who isn't a Christian, in fundamental Christianity's eyes.)
Christians do not have special knowledge. II do not buy for one moment that they have the hoiy spirit giving them information. Why do I say that? Because they all claim the Holy Spirit helps them interpret scripture, yet they disagree on how to interpret it so much that they have 10s of thousands of denominations.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Christians do not have special knowledge. II do not buy for one moment that they have the hoiy spirit giving them information. Why do I say that? Because they all claim the Holy Spirit helps them interpret scripture, yet they disagree on how to interpret it so much that they have 10s of thousands of denominations.

I believe you are making the assumption that all those denominations have the Holy Spirit. I do not believe that. My pastor has the Holy Spirit but God doesn't tell him everything that He tells me.