• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Boys Suck?

Do boys suck?

• Total voters

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Sunstone said:
This could be a dangerous thread. But the question is begging to be asked: Do boys suck?

Yep!

So, do boys suck?

Yep!

If so, in what ways do they suck?

They're overly competitive and are willing to hurt others to get things their way. They play games like "Smear the Queer." They're mean to certain girls when they find out they're like by them. They're really mean to certain boys when they find out they're liked by them. They give in to the peer pressures of being masculine and "tough" too easily.

What are the major things boys need to improve on to be more compatible with girls?

They can admit that they like them and that they would be friends with them if they weren't too busy pretending that girls have cooties just to impress the other boys.

Are these realistic things to expect boys to improve on? Or does this place too much of a burden on them? Is it fair to expect boys to be better than they are?

It's fair to expect, but it would be way too much to ask of them.

If you are a boy, are you concerned to improve yourself in those ways? Why or why not?

I'd say I'm already more compatible with females than I am with males.

What's your worse boys suck story? The all time best example you have of boys sucking?

In junior high, a boy told me that such a *** (not the cigarette kind) like me wouldn't "get laid" until I was 50. And later he wrote, "Gay Pride" on a little sticky and put it on my locker. I don't really think anyone even noticed it, but it was his intentions that kind of hurt me. People always assume me to be gay, and I'm sure his little sticky would've offended me more if I really was. But yeh. That's my story. The end.

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
Ardent Listener said:
Do boys suck? Some do I'm told. Strange, but it seems those who do are the same ones girls are attracted to the most.:yes:

"Nice guys finish last"?

I don't think that's always true though. Not in the end, anyway.

Flappycat

It stems from boys being very shy about matters of sex.

Tip: to get a boy to understand the fault in his actions, confidently, unpatronizingly, and articulately explain to him the causative link between his actions and their affect upon others and, most importantly, why the feelings of others should be important to him. Things that seem obviously wrong to you, ladies, may need to be explained to a boy or young man. They tend to rebel against what they're told "just is."

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm refraining from considering this topic with my bias, since saying over and over that boys suck big time only leaves me looking at my husband with the notion, "What did I get myself into?"

However, I will try to quote the great George Carlin:

"The only real difference between men and women are that men are stupid and women are crazy."

"Only men are so stupid to have at many points in history gather for political discussion, and one will stand up and say:

Here is my idea for the good of our community. I am God. You will all worship me as divine. I get a portion of all of your lands and your food. I also get a portion of your money, too. If I like how your wife or your daughter looks, or how they both look, I get to **** them whenever I want. If you don't like any of these rules, I get to cut your head off. Whaddya think?

And all the rest of the men will turn to each other and say, you know.........that sounds like a pretty good idea."

If any man feels picked on or singled out, please refer to the comment by Mr. Carlin that women really are crazy. :)

Peace,
Mystic

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Sunstone said:
Looking back on my life, I realize that when I was much younger, I didn't always treat my female friends with the consideration for their feelings and sensitivity to their needs that I wish I had. So now I'm wondering whether that's pretty much par for the course with young men, or whether I was more or less unique in that regard?
Mr Sunstone. I would say that that is not par for the course. As with all things there are a wide variety of men who when children in the bodies of a young adult did things now they probably regret. The nature of the regret depends on the nature of the perceived wrongdoing. I for one did all sorts of illegal substances, I now wish had been taken in moderation.

In regard to the treatment of young women, some boys treat young women badly. This is equally true of young women with regard to their male counterparts. Men and women are both members of the human race, and as such are equally capable of using and abusing their fellow man (albeit usually in different manners), just as they are both equally capable of assisting one another in life's struggles.

There is a culture among some young men of getting notches in their belt. There is also a culture among some young women of leading young men on and generally messing with their head/making as much use of them as possible. Both are human nature, and imho only contribute to the whole process of growing up.

In short, if you've been treated badly in your life, Welcome to the Human race. I'm Chris.