• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do any of you Christians partake in, take influence from, or consider yourselves with Rosicrucianism

Ukonkivi

Anthroposophy, Gnosticism, Hermeticism, Kaballahism, and other forms of Esoteric Christianity and Christian Mysticism?

ZooGirl02

Anthroposophy, Gnosticism, Hermeticism, Kaballahism, and other forms of Esoteric Christianity and Christian Mysticism?

For myself, it would help to know which definitions of these terms you are using as it seems that they all have more than one definition.

Also, I do consider myself to be somewhat of a mystic Christian but not completely. I guess what I mean by a mystic Christian is that I do believe in visions and dreams and such. I also believe that one must be careful as to not over-analyze such things.

I guess you could say that I am more of an Eclectic Christian than anything else. I like to look at the various religions of the world and incorporate certain ideas from them into my own belief system. I think am also more of a pluralist person who sort has a bit of a critical mind. In other words, I don't always take everything at face value. I do my research on a particular topic before I choose whether or not to believe it.

I try to maintain a positive outlook on life while at the same time remaining realistic and down-to-earth. I feel that I do a fairly good job of that for myself.

misteralarming

Yes, it's a very intriguing area of study to me. Of course, I'm not solidly Christian, either. Mysticism and hermeticism are a big draw for me.