• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do any christians think we will inhabit mars?

Suave

Simulated character
Lets say we inhabit mars. The bible says jesus will return to earth.
What if you are living on mars when he returns to earth? Will you miss the boat?
I am confident our Lord and Savior could just as well visit Christians on Mars as well as J.C. could return to Earth. Fusion propelled spacecraft could someday on the near future enable travelers to journey roundtrip between Earth and Mars in less than six months.

The Fusion Driven Rocket: Nuclear Propulsion | NASA

?Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids In fact, it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did." - Elton John, Rocket Man

Last edited:

Truth in love

It would not surprise me to have a small outpost. Given the low gravity it’s not going to become earth 2. I don’t think there is any religious barrier to it.

74x12

What if you are living on mars when he returns to earth? Will you miss the boat?
No you won't miss the boat for being on Mars. Actually Jesus covers it when he said his angels will gather his elect from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 24:31
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

However, don't trust Elon Musk. From what I've heard they already have colonies on Mars. Although it's not good to go there. Unless you like being a corporation slave. So keep this in mind. People like Elon Musk are controlled. They aren't doing anything really new. They're put there for the purpose of disclosure. They're going to do what they've been told. Releasing technology that's already been invented long ago and just preparing the public for what's already well known and kept secret by the so called breakaway civilization.

Elon Musk wants to appear as if he is some kind of revolutionary leading the way against the ruling elites. But he is not what he is pretending to be. If you see anyone suddenly become the richest person in the world like he did then you know they're controlled.

Suave

Simulated character
No you won't miss the boat for being on Mars. Actually Jesus covers it when he said his angels will gather his elect from one end of heaven to the other.

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

However, don't trust Elon Musk. From what I've heard they already have colonies on Mars. Although it's not good to go there. Unless you like being a corporation slave. So keep this in mind. People like Elon Musk are controlled. They aren't doing anything really new. They're put there for the purpose of disclosure. They're going to do what they've been told. Releasing technology that's already been invented long ago and just preparing the public for what's already well known and kept secret by the so called breakaway civilization.

Elon Musk wants to appear as if he is some kind of revolutionary leading the way against the ruling elites. But he is not what he is pretending to be. If you see anyone suddenly become the richest person in the world like he did then you know they're controlled.

Pretty amazing the first century author of verse Matthew 24:31 had the futuristic vision of Christians from beyond Earth being gathered together for Christ's Second Coming to Earth!

Suave

Simulated character

Does not the book of Matthew's Chapter 24 inspire us Christians to follow our Lord and Savior wherever in the Heavens we might be as J.C, returns to Earth.?

Redwing

Free as a bird
I don’t believe we will ever inhabit Mars, it’s uninhabitable. Even it could be in a few hundred years, Jesus will return before then.

Suave

Simulated character
I don’t believe we will ever inhabit Mars, it’s uninhabitable. Even it could be in a few hundred years, Jesus will return before then.

According to Matthew 24:31, there may be Christians gathered together from way beyond Earth when J.C. returns to Earth. Furthermore, nobody can predict the Second Coming of Jesus Christ to Earth. You are correct to note Mars is uninhabitable, However, Elon Musk and company plan to put humans on Mars by the middle of the next decade,

Elon Musk says SpaceX will fly humans to Mars within 10 years (nypost.com)

"I have God's answer to prayers concerning saving humanity from our most prevalent existential threats! The answer to these prayers is the terraforming and human colonization of Mars,

Greenhouse gases sent from Earth to Mars would desist Earth's global warming and subsequently save life on Earth from the lethal devastation of Earth's global warming as well as transform Mars into a way more comfortable place for sustaining life from Earth. Carbon Dioxide, Methane, and Sulfur Hexafluoride could very well be transported via the Space X interplanetary transport system from Earth to Mars.

The ionization of particles emitted by the Martian moon of Phobos in conjunction with the accelerated flow of these ionized particles would generate a magnetic field shielding the Martian atmosphere from being stripped away by solar radiation, Such a Martian magnetosphere would require roughly 100.000,000,000,000,000 joules of energy, which is comparable to the total amount of electricity consumed by everybody on Earth last year.

How to create an artificial magnetosphere for Mars - ScienceDirect

How to create an artificial magnetosphere for Mars
lR.A.BamfordaB.J.KellettaJ.L.GreenbC.DongcV.AirapetiandR.Bingham

A magnetic field enabling Martian atmospheric retention should very well be the first step towards forming a man-made biosphere that is an appreciable fraction in size comparable to Earth's biosphere. This magnetic shielding would subsequently allow the planet's atmosphere to reacquire its former density that'd be high enough to allow for sustainable surface liquid water.

A few billion Tonnes of Sulfur Hexafluoride gas (SF6) could increase Martian atmospheric surface temperatures by well over 20 degrees Celsius. Sulfur hexafluoride - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The SpaceX interplanetary transport system could deliver this super greenhouse gas to Mars at a cost of less than $2,000/kg.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_Mar...astructure

The forming of a man-made biosphere around Mars as well as on the Martian surface (terraforming) that is an appreciable fraction in size comparable to Earth's biosphere would create many high tech jobs, and save humanity from the existential threat of the Earth's atmospheric and terrestrial global warming . This project ( terraforming ) to make Mars a better place for human colonization there could be dubbed the "Green New Deal for humanity on Earth and Mars". Please let us agree to favor the "Green New Deal for humanity on Earth and Mars" I figure the cost of terraforming Mars would be just a few trillion dollars per year, over the course of a millennium, which amounts to only a few hundred dollars annually per each person on Earth for the following few dozen generation of humanity..

An asteroid mining windfall tax could fund a significant portion of the multi-quadrillion dollar total cost to transform Mars into a world retaining triple its current atmospheric pressure and a warmer Mars with an average surface temperature of 270 Kelvin."

Let us pray to save humanity? | Page 3 | Religious Forums

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

[Rom 8:35, 39 NIV] 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

That is a bit cryptic, however the general idea here is that all Christians are in fellowship everywhere with one another, no matter what distance. We are all connected. Even with our poor misunderstandings of doctrines we are still connected by the love of Christ. That is the one condition that keeps us in Christ. If love is absent then so is Christ, but if it is present then so is Christ. There are divisions, and there are times when people gather in their own name instead of Christ's name. That is the exception.

So if people on other planets don't recognize Christians here on Earth or on various planets, then they have separated themselves from the love of Christ having met in their own names instead of Christ's name. They can be cut off but not because of distance or planet or time or knowledge level.

Redwing

Free as a bird

i’m aware of the dreaming and the goals. I don’t Believe that scripture applies to Mars. Still, I don’t believe we will ever inhabit Mars. Even if it could be in a few hundred years, Jesus will return before then.

RestlessSoul

We’re not going to inhabit Mars, that’s a nonsense. We need to start looking after this planet, not making plans to trash it then discard it.

nPeace

Veteran Member
i’m aware of the dreaming and the goals. I don’t Believe that scripture applies to Mars. Still, I don’t believe we will ever inhabit Mars. Even if it could be in a few hundred years, Jesus will return before then.
I'm with you on this.
If there is a 2030, I think there will be a very thin margin between that and Armageddon.
I could be wrong, because God's timing is not mine, and his patience is not mine either. 2 Peter 3:9

If anyone ever inhabits Mars, it will be post-Armageddon... I believe.

nPeace

Veteran Member

That's a good point you made. One I had not thought of actually... but I'll wait and see. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I do not.
The last human mission was on the Moon, 50 years ago.
With this rate, not even in 1000 years man can set foot on Mars.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not.
The last human mission was on the Moon, 50 years ago.
With this rate, not even in 1000 years man can set foot on Mars.
You object on the basis of funding and technology? It is not convenient, no; however did you know what the goal of Space-x has been for the last 20 years? They have invented new rockets intending to put people onto Mars to start a human colony. The current goal is stated to be 1 million people. Conditions on Mars are terribly cold and dangerous. I agree it is not convenient, however it is possible. It is also inspiring. You may find a catholic church on Mars. How about that? ...and if there are catholics then they will probably make a bishop go to Mars, too.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You object on the basis of funding and technology? It is not convenient, no; however did you know what the goal of Space-x has been for the last 20 years? They have invented new rockets intending to put people onto Mars to start a human colony. The current goal is stated to be 1 million people. Conditions on Mars are terribly cold and dangerous. I agree it is not convenient, however it is possible. It is also inspiring. You may find a catholic church on Mars. How about that? ...and if there are catholics then they will probably make a bishop go to Mars, too.
Nevertheless I don't understand why they didn't even spend some money to re-enact a new lunar mission. And the Moon is practically around the corner. Mars is so far away.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nevertheless I don't understand why they didn't even spend some money to re-enact a new lunar mission. And the Moon is practically around the corner. Mars is so far away.
Money isn't unlimited. What's useful about sending
humans to the Moon again? More useful is how it's
being spent now on remote sensing & unmanned
missions. Such efforts have garnered much more
info about the universe & its workings.
Manned missions would suck all the money dry.