• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine Revelation or Delusion

prometheus11

I don't believe it is because I believe those people are aware that they are avoiding rational arguments. I believe they know what is real but just do not wish to have to accept the reality.

I'd like to see an example of this.

Link or thread name?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
I believe that is a false assessment based on a bias without evidence.

What bias? I know of no supernatural event or revelation that isn't 100% dependent on hearsay as "evidence". And this is just backing up your original statement: "I believe I see this on this site a lot. A person believes what he wishes and doesn't want to accept any contrary facts." How can you exclude anyone from that who only has hearsay as evidence? If you know of some that isn't hearsay, I'm all ears.

Of course there is history in the Bible, and there are other possible/likely historical events in it as well (Sodom and Gomorrah, the Empty Tomb), but its the supernatural explanations behind them that are based on pure hearsay. Medicine Men have been playing the God(s) card forever: "You had good crops, you can thank me (and, ahem, pay me) for my intercession on your behalf." And vice versa if you don't/didn't pay up.