• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disseminating "Jews control America" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
just don't try to explain how a nine year old got shot right in the forehead, ok?
Do you think someone else's hate justifies your own? Or maybe you feel that bigotry should be based off of bigotry?

That's the problem, is it not? Bigotry begets bigotry. Hate begets hate. STOP THE CYCLE! Don't buy in to the stereotypes and don't buy into the hate.

Alceste

Vagabond
Do you think someone else's hate justifies your own? Or maybe you feel that bigotry should be based off of bigotry?

That's the problem, is it not? Bigotry begets bigotry. Hate begets hate. STOP THE CYCLE! Don't buy in to the stereotypes and don't buy into the hate.

With due respect, Pete, I think you are still equating criticism and bigotry. .lava says he doesn't hate anyone. Isn't that good enough for you? What makes you a better judge of his feelings, or mine, toward Jewish people than we are?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
With due respect, Pete, I think you are still equating criticism and bigotry. .lava says he doesn't hate anyone. Isn't that good enough for you? What makes you a better judge of his feelings, or mine, toward Jewish people than we are?
You are missing the point here: the STEREOTYPE leads to the hate and resentment.

If you ascribe to the belief that "Jews control America", then you are a part of a HUGE problem of Antisemitism.

Dunemeister

Now, look at .lava's posts about all those people (presumably Jews) who happen to be rich. He has posted 70+ random names who have two crimes against them: They are rich and they are Jewish. Next we'll be requiring them to wear a Yellow "J" stitched to their shirts. I gave the TOP TEN RICHEST PEOPLE in America and asked him how many were Jewish. No follow up there. We might be able to extrapolate about the percentage of rich people we have that are Jewish that way. .lava is not interested in the truth: only in trying to prove an OUTRAGEOUS CLAIM that Jews control America. It would appear that he would want all Jews to take up a vow of poverty. How absolutely pathetic.

Dude, you started it with the top ten list. By posting that list, you were attempting to say that people of Jewish heritage do not have an untoward influence on the USA economically. .lava's response seems quite a propos. He essentially said, "OK, there are no Jews in the top ten, but here's an impressive list of Jewish folks who have a great deal of control over sensitive American infrastructure, most notably journalism and entertainment media."

It's a long (and yes, hysterical) leap from pointing that out to "requiring them to wear a Yellow "J" stitched to their shirt." It's certainly not antisemitic to point out that a great number of billionaires in the USA are Jewish and openly wonder whether that has some influence over America's continued (and unreflective, knee-jerk) support for Zionism. There may actually be little or no connection, but posing the question is not antisemitic.

Reactions: kai

Alceste

Vagabond
You are missing the point here: the STEREOTYPE leads to the hate and resentment.

If you ascribe to the belief that "Jews control America", then you are a part of a HUGE problem of Antisemitism.

See, I would equate the belief that "Jews control America" with sloppy, simplistic political analysis rather than hate. Saying "Kill all the Jews" would be hate. I'm not much of a "read between the lines" type - I give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they mean only what they've said, and ask for clarification if I'm not sure whether I'm missing some vital subtext.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
If Jews REALLY do control America, then they would DOMINATE the top 10 richest people here in America.

That's not a necessary conclusion from that premise.

The old "It's not WHAT your saying, but HOW you are saying it" complaint. I am under no delusion that my methodology is the best for all situations. However, I have fought against bigotry my whole life and have found that often just being "nice" won't get people to look at their own personal bigotry, nor will it expose the bigots for what they are.

No, it's not just how you're saying it, but also what you're saying. First, you are misrepresenting the opposing arguments here, as usual, and, second, you're claiming them to be false when you can't prove them to be, yet you're asking for them to back up any such claims.

.lava

Veteran Member

i don't hate anyone. i don't think a holocaust would justify present killings either. i see your point of view and i personally do not have anything against it. let's stop the cycle of hatred. okay. but...does it mean that i should pretend to be blind? does it mean i should ignore injustice and cruelty that exist today? how is it gonna be? should i just pick up someone else and crash him until he takes the shape of pattern in my mind and then make him a target and almost throw up all the hatred i collected for some time onto his face and accuse him for every ugly act i've known? is that the way Scuba Pete? i don't have collected hatred. because i am not allowed to hate any creature. there is no place for it in my heart. that never means i am gonna play the fool.

PS: sorry, forgot to mention. thank you for your respond.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
and you, Jay, as a director of this scene to be seen one more time, i applaud you. just don't try to explain how a nine year old got shot right in the forehead, ok?
What a pathetic diversion. You should be ashamed of yourself.

.lava

Veteran Member
What a pathetic diversion. You should be ashamed of yourself.

so i got you wrong? correct me then...what was your intention starting this thread while there was one about 'false statements' on the forum already?

i can't think of any other reason (than propaganda) but i believe that does not mean another good reason could not exist. tell me please. i can understand. yet, as you did before, if you're gonna ignore this post of mine, insult me instead and accuse me for being this or that, then don't act like you deserve any better than that. i tried to explain that i was commanded to love people and not to hate anyone but this command of God is not given to make us weak. it is rule to be a human. not a fool.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
***MOD POST***

Since everyone seemed to ignore the Mod Post in here earlier about being civil, this thread will be permanently closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.