• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disneyland: Gays Can Get Married Here!

nutshell

Perhaps I'm cynical, but I think this quote from a Disney spokesperson:

"We believe this change is consistent with Disney's long-standing policy of welcoming every guest in an inclusive environment," Disney Parks and Resorts spokesman Donn Walker said Friday. "We want everyone who comes to celebrate a special occasion at Disney to feel welcome and respected."

Should actually read:

"We believe this change is consistent with Disney's long-standing policy of welcoming every guest's dollar. We want everyone who comes to celebrate a special occasion at Disney to feel welcome and respected and spend their money."

My family actually calls him Money Mouse - not Mickey Mouse.

But, guess where we went during the last three day weekend???

Disneyland!

What an I say? I think it's worth it even if I know the mouse's true goal.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I'm not surprised. In the past few years Disney has been welcoming to the GLBT community. They would be hypocrites for pushing films that teach tolerance while not practicing it in their own parks.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

This is really cool. Obviously it probably can't be an official ceremony for legal reasons, but at least this will give GLBT's some dignity that they deserve.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
:D:D Way Cool!:D:D

Edit: why are we holding this in a debate thread? there is nothing to debate...

nutshell

We could debate whether they're doing it for the money or out of the good of their hearts.

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
Good on Disney. I don't care whether genuine compassion or love of the dollar motivates them as long as it motivates them to acceptance and tolerance.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Edit: why are we holding this in a debate thread? there is nothing to debate...
I put the thread in here just in case, since gay marriage threads tend to get heated.

Feel free to move it if you'd like. No skin off my nose. :)

uu_sage

That’s wonderful for Disney and for those who seek love, acceptance and happiness.
A poem by e.e. cummings fits the occasion:

love is the every only god
who spoke this earth so glad and big
even a thing so small and sad
man, may his mighty briefness dig

for love begining means return
seas who could sing so brief and strong
one queerying wave will whitely yearn
from each last shore and home come young

so truly perfectly the skies
by merciful love whispered were
completes its brightness with your eyes

any illimitable star

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can easily see them doing it for the money, as high priced as they are. But, at least it is a step in the right direction.