• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion : Nutshell & Madhatter85, LDS doctrine and the role of Women

Bishka

Veteran Member
Then why not put emphasis on a commandment to bear children and raise them in righteousness. "The Family" is doctrine, it is the Lord's Way wither you like it or not becky.

Never said I had a problem with the Lord's way.

Homemaking does not equal righteousness. That seems to be the issue you are ignoring.

madhatter85

Transhumanist

Homemaking does not equal righteousness. That seems to be the issue you are ignoring.

no, it does, because you are supporting your Divinely appointed church leaders and doing what they ask of you.

how is that not righteous?

Bishka

Veteran Member
no, it does, because you are supporting your Divinely appointed church leaders and doing what they ask of you.

Again, homemaking does not equal righteousness. One does not have to be a homemaker to be righteous, one does not have to be a stay-at-home mother to be righteous, one does not have to be a Molly Mormon to be righteous.

Please give specific examples where the Prophets and/or leaders clarify that a woman has to be one of those to be righteous.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Again, homemaking does not equal righteousness. One does not have to be a homemaker to be righteous, one does not have to be a stay-at-home mother to be righteous, one does not have to be a Molly Mormon to be righteous.

Please give specific examples where the Prophets and/or leaders clarify that a woman has to be one of those to be righteous.

stop trying to debate in this thread if you want to debate, make a new thread.

Bishka

Veteran Member
stop trying to debate in this thread if you want to debate, make a new thread.

Actually this is under the General Debates heading.

Would you consider participating if I made a thread? If not, I will resolve myself to commenting on your one-on-one with Nutshell and you comments in this thread.

madhatter85

Transhumanist

did i say it was a requirement of being righteous? no. did i say it was being righteous? yes.

Please point out a specific example of where i said that it was a "requirement of being righteous"

I said listening to the councils of your church leaders is an example of being righteous.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Please point out a specific example of where i said that it was a "requirement of being righteous"

You said this

In response to:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

I am sorry Becky, but I do not see where Madhatter said that it is a REQUIREMENT for righteousness, only that it EQUATES righteousness because "you are supporting your Divinely appointed church leaders and doing what they ask of you."

Bishka

Veteran Member
I am sorry Becky, but I do not see where Madhatter said that it is a REQUIREMENT for righteousness, only that it EQUATES righteousness because "you are supporting your Divinely appointed church leaders and doing what they ask of you."

My bad. :cover:

Again to address Madhatter.

Homemaking does not equal righteousness.