• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion : Nutshell & Madhatter85, LDS doctrine and the role of Women

madhatter85

Transhumanist
your website is just more anti-beck propoganda, and the opinion of an old hag who is just bitter because of the plainness of speech in which Beck used. that simple. It has no refrences, and no backing, that is why I'm not even going to waste my time debating it, the debate nutshell and I are having will end all of your concerns about Sister Beck's talks.

Bishka

Veteran Member
your website is just more anti-beck propoganda,

Prove it. If it was 'anti-beck' propaganda, they would be addressing Sister Beck as a person (which they don't), they are addressing the talk.

and the opinion of an old hag who is just bitter because of the plainness of speech in which Beck used.

The website wasn't written by one woman. It was written by many women and many men in response to the talk. It's not the opinion of just one person. It's the opinion of many. If you look at the bottom, it's all the signatures of people who support it and believe it's words. To act if it is only one person is ignorance.

that simple. It has no refrences,

Prove it. (It quotes the Doctrine and Covenants)

and no backing, that is why I'm not even going to waste my time debating it, the debate nutshell and I are having will end all of your concerns about Sister Beck's talks.

Doubt that. :rolleyes:

The only thing that you have proven since you've joined here is your willful ignorance of everything that, in your opinion, isn't right or doesn't fit into your nice little box.

A

angellous_evangellous

***MOD ADVISORY***

Please remember that this is a discussion and not a debate. Also, please be civil while discussing this topic.

Thanks,
A_E

Bishka

Veteran Member
To MH,

Just like you refused to prove anything in my thread, you are doing it in this the one-on-one debate with Nutshell.

If you start proving otherwise, perhaps you may get somewhere, but somehow I doubt it.

Ring me when this actually goes somewhere.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
apparently you didn't read the posts becky. already stated it and proved it with resources, you decide to not look at it because you don't want to be wrong.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The debate is currently on post #39 and Madhatter has yet to answer two points:
When the prophets speak of mothers as nurturers are they talking about domestic chores, such as doing the dishes, or something grander?

If it is about doing the dishes, show me where the Lord has said so.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
i already mentioned it was something grander, And i proved that Dishes it part of homemaking.
I stand corrected.
Madhatter did indeed say:
"It's not just limited to that, read her talk, it has much more than just doing the dishes as part of what a woman does. much much more." Post #30

Bishka

Veteran Member
apparently you didn't read the posts becky. already stated it and proved it with resources, you decide to not look at it because you don't want to be wrong.

What resources? The dictionary? :areyoucra

Honestly, does it bother you that people are different in the Church? We don't all have to be Molly Mormons, y'know.

I'm curious though, where does the Lord say we have to be the best homemakers in the world to enter into the Celestial Kingdom? :rolleyes:

nutshell

Note: I am planning a post that will, hopefully, jump start the debate and get us out of this rut. Problem is, I'm wrapping up finals and then will be out of town for awhile. I'll do my best.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
What resources? The dictionary? :areyoucra

Honestly, does it bother you that people are different in the Church? We don't all have to be Molly Mormons, y'know.

I'm curious though, where does the Lord say we have to be the best homemakers in the world to enter into the Celestial Kingdom? :rolleyes:

now youa re putting words in my mouth and in Beck's mouth.

did i say it was a requirement for exaltation? no, if you want to debate it you should have taken me up, this is a discussion thread.

As to nutshell's copncern of me not answering the questions he provided. please refrence post 30 in the debate topic.

Bishka

Veteran Member
did i say it was a requirement for exaltation?.

If it's not a requirement then why put so much emphasis on it (homemaking in general)? :areyoucra

As to nutshell's copncern of me not answering the questions he provided. please refrence post 30 in the debate topic.

You mean:

Did she not mention other things other than doign dishes? did she not mention motherhood and all the aspects that go with it? her talk in no way limited it to "doing the dishes."

even so, it is not against Doctrine of the church for women to do dishes. nor is it against doctrine for Man to do dishes, this point is a mute one.

It's not just limited to that, read her talk, it has much more than just doing the dishes as part of what a woman does. much much more.

You answered "...much, much more...." Do you care to elaborate on what that is or do you want people to guess?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
If it's not a requirement then why put so much emphasis on it (homemaking in general)? :areyoucra

You mean:

You answered "...much, much more...." Do you care to elaborate on what that is or do you want people to guess?

why put so much emphasis on daily scripture study when it is not a requirement? why put so much emphasis on many things which are not "requirements"?

i said "read her talk" we were debating one key point that nutshell was trying to emphasize.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Then why not put emphasis on a commandment to bear children and raise them in righteousness. "The Family" is doctrine, it is the Lord's Way wither you like it or not becky.