• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disability memorial

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Each year disabled people are murdered by caregivers and family members. This is called in the disabled community filicide. Coming up is March 1st the disability day of mourning where folk mourn the lost of people who've died this way. Here is a link to a list of folk who died last year:

2021 Deaths – Disability Day of Mourning

The same site has deaths from the 1980s to the present. I read every story on there except the most recent ones from last year. I don't know if I can stomach it to catch up and read last year's. I do not advise doing what I did last March reading so many stories in one or two sittings hardly any break. I started feeling numb after a while. The category section just for babies that were killed on the site that died is 20 pages long on my phone. Not all of those was recent as in recent years. In recent times tho about 1 disabled person is murdered by caregivers each week.

I may or may not depending on how I feel write a poem in dedication later.

Last edited:

VoidCat

I don't know how to solve this issue but I do know those who kill the disabled often get lesser sentences then those that kill nondisabled people. And the news often paints it as mercy killing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
True. Very true. Lots of disabled folk are killed by the cops
Shot 9 times in the back for trying to drive his wheelchair into a store.
They suspected him of shoplifting. Clearly, a death sentence.
His department said this was a violation of policy. But he hasn't
been charged with a crime for this extreme execution.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Shot 9 times in the back for trying to drive his wheelchair into a store.
They suspected him of shoplifting. Clearly, a death sentence.
Is it ok if i pass on clicking watch on YouTube so i could actually see the video? I have seen too much on disabled people and mistreatment lately.

VoidCat

Aye, I picked a video with a warning.
Not all have one.
I can watch it I just would have to click watch on YouTube. I don't want to watch this one tho. Like I said I've seen enough at this time on the mistreatment of disabled folk. I could watch it another time but right now i think it'd be too much.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can watch it I just would have to click watch on YouTube. I don't want to watch this one tho. Like I said I've seen enough at this time on the mistreatment of disabled folk. I could watch it another time but right now i think it'd be too much.
There's no need to watch it.
We know what happened.
And what didn't happen...arresting the cop for murder.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Each year disabled people are murdered by caregivers and family members. This is called in the disabled community filicide. Coming up is March 1st the disability day of mourning where folk mourn the lost of people who've died this way. Here is a link to a list of folk who died last year:

2021 Deaths – Disability Day of Mourning

The same site has deaths from the 1980s to the present. I read every story on there except the most recent ones from last year. I don't know if I can stomach it to catch up and read last year's. I do not advise doing what I did last March reading so many stories in one or two sittings hardly any break. I started feeling numb after a while. The category section just for babies that were killed on the site that died is 20 pages long on my phone. Not all of those was recent as in recent years. In recent times tho about 1 disabled person is murdered by caregivers each week.

I may or may not depending on how I feel write a poem in dedication later.

This is a very sad state of affairs.

VoidCat

This deeply troubled me. :(
I sent it to you as I don't know much about the spirits you honor. If any of them that were murdered are disabled or not. Thought it may be nice to let you know in case there was one so if you wanted to leave offerings or something on the 1st you could.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I sent it to you as I don't know much about the spirits you honor. If any of them that were murdered are disabled or not. Thought it may be nice to let you know in case there was one so if you wanted to leave offerings or something on the 1st you could.
Most certainly. I'm definitely on it! Thank you! :thumbsup::praying:

VoidCat

I'll add the list includes disabled adults who died as a result of family members neglecting or abusing them. Not just the ones that were flat out murdered. It's something I meant to mention earlier but forgot.