• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Differences

Cazblue

I wonder if anyone has got any advice? Im in a relationship...two and a half years....actually engaged...but find our complete differences on likes/dislikes/food/music/cinema books and even religion causing us real pain!

For some reason i am completely in love with this man..he is kind warm gentle emotional and thoughtful...traits i have never found in a man before....but our lack of similiarity seems to be important when i thought the emotional side of things was the most important? Can you really be with someone like this? help please!:facepalm:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
If these things indicate an underlying difference in core values, then it is a problem. Shared fundamental values and goals are required for the success of any long term relationship. You have to determine whether these differences are just surface, or represent deeper underlying differences.

dust1n

Zindīq
I wonder if anyone has got any advice? Im in a relationship...two and a half years....actually engaged...but find our complete differences on likes/dislikes/food/music/cinema books and even religion causing us real pain!

For some reason i am completely in love with this man..he is kind warm gentle emotional and thoughtful...traits i have never found in a man before....but our lack of similiarity seems to be important when i thought the emotional side of things was the most important? Can you really be with someone like this? help please!:facepalm:

Is it possible to get some more details about the disagreements?

Cazblue

Is it possible to get some more details about the disagreements?
well it sounds trivial when i type it on here...he likes acoustic music and has tried hard to get this rock chick into it...i do agree that some of it is cool but i still feel different when i listen to my "stuff"?!!!....he loves films of the "real variety" im a "fantasist fanatic"....i love hot spicy food he is of the blank variety....wow this all sounds soooooooooooo ridiculous doesnt it but trust me when our differences clash i feel personally attacked etc....hope this is clear?!!!!!:confused:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Have you been living together non-stop for all those two and a half years? How do you feel when you are separated for a few days?

Cazblue

Have you been living together non-stop for all those two and a half years? How do you feel when you are separated for a few days?
no we live 60 miles apart...i stay with him most weekends and sometimes once during the working week he ll come to mine...we speak every day and text often when apart...sometimes i miss him terribly then sometimes im glad i have my own space....:help: