• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you ever notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

athanasius

Have you ever noticed there are alot of angry people/atheist on this web board. Take so-and- sofor example. He writes a hate letter to God. I have no idea how old he is but he sounds just like I did when I was 15 and angry at God and anyone who told me what to do. I realize that many atheist and non-theist are not like that and are at least respectful and not full of anger, but I truly feel sorry for people like LeMaverick who have so much anger and hate stored up in their life. I wish the best for those people. I hope that one day they can be happy. Maybe a few anti-depressants would help:bath:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
There are probably just as many angry Christians/theists. I am not sure that singling out a single person is appropriate.

athanasius

There are probably just as many angry Christians/theists. I am not sure that singling out a single person is appropriate.

You may be right. I am sure there are several Christian theist who do the same. But the boards I have read here from theist do not seem to get so angry and bent out of shape as does a few of the athiest I have dialogued with.
Just my opinion. Hey guys life is too short to be so mad. You'll give yourself high blood pressure:eek: , relax and enjoy life.:sleep:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
If you want to see hateful theists, take a gander at Westborough Baptist Church. Fun group, that. At least the atheists on this forum, to my knowledge, don't protest funerals. :(

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Have you ever noticed there are alot of angry people/atheist on this web board. Take so-and-so for example. He writes a hate letter to God. I have no idea how old he is but he sounds just like I did when I was 15 and angry at God and anyone who told me what to do. I realize that many atheist and non-theist are not like that and are at least respectful and not full of anger, but I truly feel sorry for people like LeMaverick who have so much anger and hate stored up in their life. I wish the best for those people. I hope that one day they can be happy. Maybe a few anti-depressants would help:bath:
Have I noticed? Well, since I'm not blind... yeah, I've noticed. My reaction was essentially the same as yours (though not as compassionate). It's not that hard to spot teenage rebellion.

athanasius

If you want to see hateful theists, take a gander at Westborough Baptist Church. Fun group, that. At least the atheists on this forum, to my knowledge, don't protest funerals. :(

Oooh I have experienced hateful theist and fundies. I have even encounterd a few on this board but they do not seem nearly as angry as the "few" athiest I have encounterd on therse boards. I have also encountered a few nice ones. But people like that whether atheist or theist need to take a chill pill. I'm just saying that most practicing non-Fundie Christians I know have peace and are not so mad at everthing. But then again they are not fundies and have different world view.:yes:

Whooohooo Go God!:p

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I do agree that people need to chill, but I don't think you need antidepressants or God(s) to do that. :D Just some nice breathing and something relaxing to do.

athanasius

Have I noticed? Well, since I'm not blind... yeah, I've noticed. My reaction was essentially the same as yours (though not as compassionate). It's not that hard to spot teenage rebellion.

Very insightful as always Katz! I bet your expierence as mother and a believer has shown you alot of inside things when it comes to these tantrums and boohooo's of others about God.:)

athanasius

I don't think it is appropriate to start a thread just to bash a specific member of the forum, do you?

I don't think its appropriate to start a thread just to bash God as so-and-so has done. If I have offended you with my post then he and you have offended me and others with his and your post. Let's all take this to court!:) :D :yes:

Well see if the judge is impartial!

Aeiralo

...I do not think you should mention people by name. Its rude, and not needed.

Unless they gave you permission, but doubt they did.

athanasius

...I do not think you should mention people by name. Its rude, and not needed.

Unless they gave you permission, but doubt they did.
HMM I could have sworn that he mentioned God by name! "Sky Daddy". Well God is my Daddy and he is up in the sky so to speak. So if I am wrong then you should also remind him that he is wrong too.:yes:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I don't think its appropriate to start a thread just to bash God as so and so has done. If I have offended you with my post then he and you have offended me and others with his and your post. Let's all take this to court!:) :D :yes:

Well see if the judge is impartial!
There is no rule here protecting you from being offended. There are rules, however, protecting other members from being singled out and flamed.

athanasius

There is no rule here protecting you from being offended. There are rules, however, protecting other members from being singled out and flamed.

I know, sad and unfair isn't it Jaymes! The court is bent on only one side. Shame it is.:(

Aeiralo

HMM I could have sworn that he mentioned God by name! "Sky Daddy". Well God is my Daddy and he is up in the sky so to speak. So if I am wrong then you should also remind him that he is wrong too.:yes:

Not if I don't believe in God, then it is not wrong, to me.

He called him 'Sky Daddy'? That is not a name, that is a descriptive, I believe.

athanasius

Not if I don't believe in God, then it is not wrong, to me.

He called him 'Sky Daddy'? That is not a name, that is a descriptive, I believe.

Daddy means the same as Father and I believe Jesus told us to call God our Father. Who art in heaven(UP in the sky ya know). So to me it was a personal name.:yes: :yes: :yes:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
As well intentioned as your original post may have been, I would not feel comfortable with someone singling me or any of the other members of this forum out in a thread that was meant to reflect disrespectfully on them. That goes for those members I disagree with, too.

I would hope that I would extend the same respect toward other members that I would feel that I deserved. If one feels the posts of another are against forum rules, please use the 'report' feature. Airing grievences in the open doesn't so much clear the air as make the open unpleasant to be in.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I know, sad and unfair isn't it Jaymes! The court is bent on only one side. Shame it is.:(
On the contrary, I believe it's perfectly fair. This forum has the rules it has for a reason; and that reason isn't for something as petty as letting atheists offend you. Do you think no atheists were offended at your insinuation that atheists need to just chill and take antidepressants? You have your right to say things within the rules as much as anyone else. You can't be upset that someone states their opinion in a way that falls withing the rules unless you're willing to let someone be similarly upset and censor you if they're upset at your opinion.

athanasius

As well intentioned as your original post may have been, I would not feel comfortable with someone singling me or any of the other members of this forum out in a thread that was meant to reflect disrespectfully on them. That goes for those members I disagree with, too.

I would hope that I would extend the same respect toward other members that I would feel that I deserved. If one feels the posts of another are against forum rules, please use the 'report' feature. Airing grievences in the open doesn't so much clear the air as make the open unpleasant to be in.

I agree with you Feathers. But I also believe that peole should not be allowed to offend me or other Christians by starting a thread trashing my "God in heaven"(Sky Daddy as he so rudely calls him) shame on him. If I am at fault I apologize but so should he for offending me. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.