• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Nanak adhere to "Advaita Vedanta " sect/religion of Hinduism-Religions?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Did Nanak adhere to "Advaita Vedanta " sect/religion of Hinduism-Religions, please?

If yes, then kindly compare Nanak’s hymns in the Granth with the scripture of "Advaita Vedanta ", please.

I understand that Nanak had nothing to do with "Advaita Vedanta " or Atheism, please.

Right, please?

Regards
"I speak and chant His Praises, vibrating the instrument of my mind. The more I know Him, the more I vibrate it. The One, unto whom we vibrate and sing - how great is He, and where is His Place? Those who speak of Him and praise Him - they all continue speaking of Him with love. || 1 || O Baba, the Lord Allah is Inaccessible and Infinite. Sacred is His Name, and Sacred is His Place. He is the True Cherisher. || 1 ||"
PAGE 53 - Gurmukhi to English Translation and Phonetic Transliteration of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I will quote what Nanak said as per his hymns in the Granth.
Nanak adhered in essence of religion not its rituals:

Quote: "Subduing my mind, I have realized the pure status; I am totally imbued with the sublime essence of the Lord. I do not know any other except the Lord. The True Guru has imparted this understanding. || 6 || God is Inaccessible and Unfathomable, Unmastered and Unborn; through the Guru's Teachings, I know the One Lord. Filled to overflowing, my consciousness does not waver; through the Mind, my mind is pleased and appeased. || 7 ||

Anybody of Advaita/Atheism religions of of Hinduism Religions,kindly to quote from their G-d given scripture of religion in the first place for comparison with Nanak, please.

Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I understand that the Sikhism people have vehemently denied that they belong to any sect/religion of Hinduism Religions or their gods or no-gods:

Quote “The Hindus worship millions of mythological gods and goddesses but for a Sikhs it is strictly forbidden to have faith in any one except the Almighty:

Do not believe in any one except one and the only one God, the Almighty, who was ever existent, who never comes in human form, who is never born nor dies.
(Guru Granth Sahib)
2. Those who worship a servant (god/goddess) instead of master (God) are blind, ignorant and are going astray. (Guru Granth Sahib, p. 1238-39)
3. Only fools are under the influence of gods and goddesses.
4. I do not worship Ganesha, nor I mediate upon the name of Krishna or Vishnu. (Guru Gobind Singh Sahib)
5. Worship only the Almighty. Praise Him only. (Sukhmani Sahib)
6. I shall worship none but God. One achieves every thing with His Blessing.
(Guru Gobind Singh Sahib)
Hindus believe in caste system. For them a Brahmin is to be worshipped (even if he is a debauched) because he was (according to Brahmins) born from the mouth of Brahma (a funny theory of origin ). According to Hinduism, only Brahmin has a right to charity from Khatris, Vaish, Rajput etc. It is only Brahmin who has a right to be respected and honoured. As the Sudras were born (according to the Hindus) from the feet of Brahma, they are the lowliest and have no right even to perform worship. They do not have a right even to come face to face with a Brahmin. But, Guru Sahib declared that in Sikhism every one has equal right to worship. There can be no distinction of caste or creed, gender or colour." Unquote
The Sikhs are neither Hindus nor Muslims>

Right, please?

Regards

Last edited: