• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus claim Himself to be God?

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
The church refined it to ensure monotheism, instead of polytheism. The Father, The Son and the Holyghost.

I think Jesus was the son of God. The second coming though, Jesus may start a pantheon with his family.

It's a debacle in articulating the idea one God wanting to be worshiped alone and no other gods are to be worshiped.

Anyway... 2000 years of this **** makes me want to kill myself a little. I can't weigh the pro's and con's of catholocism...

truthofscripture

The church refined it to ensure monotheism, instead of polytheism. The Father, The Son and the Holyghost.

I think Jesus was the son of God. The second coming though, Jesus may start a pantheon with his family.

It's a debacle in articulating the idea one God wanting to be worshiped alone and no other gods are to be worshiped.

Anyway... 2000 years of this **** makes me want to kill myself a little. I can't weigh the pro's and con's of catholocism...
The scriptures are pretty clear. They say that all religions of man are false, and call them works of the flesh, if they claim to be sects/denominations/dissentions. Revelation says they are Babylon the Great. The scriptures do not, however, support the claim that Jesus is God. They support holy spirit as being God's active force, not a personality. The trinity falsehood began with Socrates and with Constantine in Nice.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Is anybody communicating with Christ? I do not think he's coming back, had came back, died numerous times in battle. Perhaps he is somewhat a cruel son of a ***** and afflicted Man with thise blite, Catholocism, Islame, Jews, Jehovah's witnesses.

I recommend all religious types cash in on that disability check until the fire up the incinerators and mustard gas chambers.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

truthofscripture

Is anybody communicating with Christ? I do not think he's coming back, had came back, died numerous times in battle. Perhaps he is somewhat a cruel son of a ***** and afflicted Man with thise blite, Catholocism, Islame, Jews, Jehovah's witnesses.

I recommend all religious types cash in on that disability check until the fire up the incinerators and mustard gas chambers.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Do you know what any of those you mentioned believe in or do?

Brain X started an interesting thread on John 1:1 about whether or not Jesus is God. He wants to keep the discussion to John 1:1, so in deference to him, I am starting another thread that is wide open in terms of Bible references. I have a problem I hope you all can help me solve.

I teach Bible study to 6-8th graders as part of their Confirmation training so this subject is extremely important to me and my students. In an adult Sunday School class last Sunday, our new pastor made the comment that although we as Lutherans believe that Jesus IS God, co-equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit, Jesus Himself while here on earth did not claim to be God.

I rather verbally disagreed with him. I think that not only did Jesus claim to be God quietly sometimes, but He actually "SHOUTED it from the rooftops" to those who "had ears to hear." Now we as a class have an assignment. We are to find the Biblical passages where Jesus claims His divinity, His equal standing with God the Father.

I have ideas...but could you help me?

John 1:1 has nothing to do with Genesis 1:1 meaning they are not related in time. John is talking about the BEGINNING of the GOSPEL not the beginning of Creation

truthofscripture

Brain X started an interesting thread on John 1:1 about whether or not Jesus is God. He wants to keep the discussion to John 1:1, so in deference to him, I am starting another thread that is wide open in terms of Bible references. I have a problem I hope you all can help me solve.

I teach Bible study to 6-8th graders as part of their Confirmation training so this subject is extremely important to me and my students. In an adult Sunday School class last Sunday, our new pastor made the comment that although we as Lutherans believe that Jesus IS God, co-equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit, Jesus Himself while here on earth did not claim to be God.

I rather verbally disagreed with him. I think that not only did Jesus claim to be God quietly sometimes, but He actually "SHOUTED it from the rooftops" to those who "had ears to hear." Now we as a class have an assignment. We are to find the Biblical passages where Jesus claims His divinity, His equal standing with God the Father.

I have ideas...but could you help me?
No, because not one scripture exists that actually says Jesus is God, nor do any exist where Jesus said he is God. Since those teachings come ONLY from religions created by man, and NOT from the inspired word of God, then teaching it is a sin. Teaching that holy spirit is part of a trinity is an unforgiveable sin called greiving the spirit.