• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus and or Mary ever believe in Trinity?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No it was ratified. To even vote on something mean it already exists.
Trinity existed they say in many nations, the voting would have been done to include it in Christianity, as Jesus and or Mary did not believe in it. They did it unauthorized from Jesus or Mary. Right? Please
Regards

Reggie Miller

Jesus did not say. Jesus wrote nothing that has reached us, he dictated nothing that has reached us, he authorized nobody to write on his behalf. Please
Regards

On the contrary He commanded His disciples to testify of all they had seen and heard of Him.

Reggie Miller

Because it was already the practice of the Church which came before the Gospels.

Yes, because of John the Baptist. He baptized for the remission of sins only. Check the book of Acts. Before Christ no one baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

pearl

The NT he never even dreamed it would ever rise.

This is true only because He may have expected the fullness of the kingdom within his lifetime, as did the apostles. Not until they died off was there concern to collect Jesus' teachings in a gospel for future generations.

Ben Avraham

This is true only because He may have expected the fullness of the kingdom within his lifetime, as did the apostles. Not until they died off was there concern to collect Jesus' teachings in a gospel for future generations.

And where is this gospel of Jesus' teachings collected for future generations? Come on! The gospel of Jesus was the Tanach and he did not reserve it for future generations but he taught to his own generation.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why make a guess about Jesus? Isn't Jesus a Christian-god? Please don't make him a helpless person and don't make any speculation for what he had to do during his lifetime by fixing his duties.Right? Please
Regards

Reggie Miller

This is a made-up narration. Jesus knew as to how to read and write. Right? Please
Regards

No, it isn't made up. It is accepted by all of the Christian Churches throughout the world and about 2.2 billion adherents as of 2010.

I think I'll go along with the 2.2 billion rather than you.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Did Jesus and or Mary ever believed in Trinity?

Jesus and Mary could never believe in Trinity. It is a pagan concept. Right? Please
Regards

#107 adrianhindes, thanks andregards to him.
#109 paarsurrey, one may like to read both the post, please
I believe I told you before Jesus instituted the Trinity so of course He believed in it. Mary had the Trinity related to her but that does not equate to belief. All one can do is assume that as a godly person she would believe in it.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I believe God is not three things. The Nicene creed makes this clear, "one substance."
Nicene creed is just something some non apostles agreed on. It has no authority. You have to go with what the Apostles taught, if it even matters. Since it's sort of here nor there whether they are all one or three separate, what's got to do with us anyway?

pearl

Now, regarding the Pharisees, the definition is that the Sect of the Pharisees was the Sect of the separated ones. One of the distinctions from the other sects of Judaism was that they would never accept a Hellenistic Jew to join the Sect. Therefore, that was Paul's second lie about the reason why he was arrested. Because he was a Hellenistic Jew and obviously could not be a Pharisee.

Josephus ("B. J." ii. 8, § 14; "Ant." xiii. 5, § 9; xviii. 1, § 3) carefully avoids mentioning the most essential doctrine of the Pharisees, the Messianic hope, which the Sadducees did not share with them; while for the Essenes time and conditions were predicted in their apocalyptic writings. Instead, Josephus merely says that "they ascribe everything to fate without depriving man of his freedom of action." This idea is expressed by Akiba: "Everything is foreseen [that is, predestined]; but at the same time freedom is given" (Abot iii. 15). Akiba, however, declares, "The world is judged by grace [not by blind fate nor by the Pauline law], and everything is determined by man's actions [not by blind acceptance of certain creeds]." Similar to Josephus' remark is the rabbinical saying, "All is decreed by God except fear of God" (Ber. 33b). "Man may act either virtuously or viciously, and his rewards or punishmentsin the future shall be accordingly" ("Ant." xviii. 1, § 3). This corresponds with the "two ways of the Jewish teaching" (Ab. R. N. xxv.; see Didache). But it was not the immortality of the soul which the Pharisees believed in, as Josephus puts it, but the resurrection of the body as expressed in the liturgy (see Resurrection), and this formed part of their Messianic hope (see Eschatology).

In contradistinction to the Sadducees, who were satisfied with the political life committed to their own power as the ruling dynasty, the Pharisees represented the views and hopes of the people.
PHARISEES - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Reggie Miller

Josephus ("B. J." ii. 8, § 14; "Ant." xiii. 5, § 9; xviii. 1, § 3) carefully avoids mentioning the most essential doctrine of the Pharisees, the Messianic hope, which the Sadducees did not share with them; while for the Essenes time and conditions were predicted in their apocalyptic writings. Instead, Josephus merely says that "they ascribe everything to fate without depriving man of his freedom of action." This idea is expressed by Akiba: "Everything is foreseen [that is, predestined]; but at the same time freedom is given" (Abot iii. 15). Akiba, however, declares, "The world is judged by grace [not by blind fate nor by the Pauline law], and everything is determined by man's actions [not by blind acceptance of certain creeds]." Similar to Josephus' remark is the rabbinical saying, "All is decreed by God except fear of God" (Ber. 33b). "Man may act either virtuously or viciously, and his rewards or punishmentsin the future shall be accordingly" ("Ant." xviii. 1, § 3). This corresponds with the "two ways of the Jewish teaching" (Ab. R. N. xxv.; see Didache). But it was not the immortality of the soul which the Pharisees believed in, as Josephus puts it, but the resurrection of the body as expressed in the liturgy (see Resurrection), and this formed part of their Messianic hope (see Eschatology).

In contradistinction to the Sadducees, who were satisfied with the political life committed to their own power as the ruling dynasty, the Pharisees represented the views and hopes of the people.
PHARISEES - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Or rather they caused the people to cow down to them and give them glory instead of God.

pearl

Yes, because of John the Baptist. He baptized for the remission of sins only. Check the book of Acts. Before Christ no one baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

And John stated;
I am baptizing you with water, for repentance, but the one who is coming after me is mightier than I. I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the holy Spirit and fire. Mt 3:11.
Remember the Gospels were written after the practice, and reflect the early baptismal creed.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I believe your concept is man made and the Trinity is God made.

There is no mention of the trinity in the Holy Bible. That's a dogma of the church.

Christianity is divided amongst itself into over 40,000 contradicting sects disagreeing strongly with each other from issues ranging from the Divinity of Jesus to the Pope to the trinity.

Unfortunately, the confusion and disagreements among Christians today means if you want to know the meaning of the Bible, the very last people you ask are the confused Christians who cannot even unite around one Jesus and one Book or speak with one voice.

The trinity is just one of thousands of confusions Christians have about the Bible.

Shad

Veteran Member
Trinity existed they say in many nations, the voting would have been done to include it in Christianity,

No it was to clarify doctrine of an emerging Church that was divided.

as Jesus and or Mary did not believe in it. They did it unauthorized from Jesus or Mary. Right? Please

Empty claim based on zero evidence.

Shad

Veteran Member
There is no mention of the trinity in the Holy Bible. That's a dogma of the church.

I have shown it was there. However people like yourself that lack reading comprehension need it to literal say "trinity"

Christianity is divided amongst itself into over 40,000 contradicting sects disagreeing strongly with each other from issues ranging from the Divinity of Jesus to the Pope to the trinity.

This just shows how ignorant you are of Christianity. Most of the divides are solely based on organization levels, nothing more

Unfortunately, the confusion and disagreements among Christians today means if you want to know the meaning of the Bible, the very last people you ask are the confused Christians who cannot even unite around one Jesus and one Book or speak with one voice.

Yes so lets go ask a Baha'i that knows nothing about the subject instead....

The trinity is just one of thousands of confusions Christians have about the Bible.

Except it is not even a minor issue anymore and has not been for 18 centuries. So much for you expertise on the subject.

Reggie Miller

And John stated;
I am baptizing you with water, for repentance, but the one who is coming after me is mightier than I. I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the holy Spirit and fire. Mt 3:11.
Remember the Gospels were written after the practice, and reflect the early baptismal creed.

So what's your point. That's what I said.

Shad

Veteran Member
Probably best to rethink this, but it you want to stick with it, okey dokey. ;)

You said Trinity was voted into being, your words. Yet the idea existed prior to this as I have pointed out already.

Don't you wish need.

Not really as I am not Christian at all. It seems like you need your view as it is probably a basis for your rejection while mine is due to completely different reasons.