• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I do the right thing?

klubbhead024

Before I tell you what I did, let me throw you some background.

I am an acquantiance of a certain girl. I have known this girl for quite a while, but never really been friends with her. I have come to find out that she has had a boyfriend for qute some time and that she keeps a lot of things from him. For example, I jknow she smokes weed all the time even though she swears up and down that she has never even tried it, I know for a fact she has had sex with at least 3 different people, and has become pregnant by one of them.
Because I have been cheated on like this in the past I felt very bad for the guy, because he thought that the kid was his. I took it upon myself to create a fake myspace account and send him a message explaining everything.

Did I do the right thing by telling this guy, or should have I just stayed the hell out of it?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
klubbhead024 said:
Did I do the right thing by telling this guy, or should have I just stayed the hell out of it?
Good question. What does your conscience tell you?

A

angellous_evangellous

For me, I would tell the person only if they were a close friend. Other than that, I'd stay the hell out of it.

ayani

perhaps, man. i understand you're looking out for the guy, and that's an admirable intention. i don't think i would have stepped in personally, but everael has a point. may i ask, is the child still in the picture / was it ever born? is he taking care of the kid now?

klubbhead024

gracie said:
perhaps, man. i understand you're looking out for the guy, and that's an admirable intention. i don't think i would have stepped in personally, but everael has a point. may i ask, is the child still in the picture / was it ever born? is he taking care of the kid now?

From what I know right now she is getting an abortion becuase she doesn't want hiom to know it's not his, but from what I am told, he would've been a father to the child.

ayani

klubbhead024 said:
From what I know right now she is getting an abortion becuase she doesn't want hiom to know it's not his, but from what I am told, he would've been a father to the child.

dude, that is so sad... :(

i think you may have done the right thing after all, but i don't know, of course. your friend deserves better, and i think this young woman needs to get her priorities set before getting into a relationship with another person. to say the least. may this work out for them, somehow.