• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I Do the Right Thing?

libre

Skylark
I was just trying to do the right thing but was worried it might be taken the wrong way as me trying to get back together with her.
I must admit that I have omitted details in the past with my partner at the time because she was the jealous type and I was worried she would misinterpret something that I found to be innocuous as something to be concerned about. At the time I figured better a little inaccuracy than a lot of explaining and dialogue to heal from any hurt, but it also came to gnaw at me with time.

I'd say that if your daughter is not concerned, you shouldn't be either.
Sometimes we need to make the best out of a situation and shouldn't get caught up in how it may appear to those people situated elsewhere.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
She sure was and in more than one way. The woman who became my wife [poor lass, eh?] was a better match for me as we both have some goofy streaks in us.

Thank you for your understanding and kind words. Here are two sentences from the letter I wrote that shows just how beautiful she was to me:
When I first met and got to know you, I felt that you were a living saint as I never had run across anyone before who had so much love and compassion, which made you as beautiful on the inside as you were on the outside to me...

In closing, I was right when we first got together-- you are a saint, and I just wanted to let you know in our "vintage" years the impact you've had on me. You have always had a very special place in my heart. May God bless you and your entire family, who are so fortunate to have you as a wife and mother.

BTW, during covid, she bought cartoon-based mathematics kits for elementary kids to do at home, and she would ship them out to whomever wanted them at her own expense. This is the kind of person she was and is.
You chose beautiful words...

Thank you for sharing them with her, and us. Really heart warming to read.

joe1776

Morality confuses me to an extent. Who decides what's right or wrong?
"Humans are born with a hard-wired morality: a sense of good and evil is bred in the bone. I know this claim might sound outlandish, but it's supported now by research in several laboratories". Paul Bloom

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"Humans are born with a hard-wired morality: a sense of good and evil is bred in the bone. I know this claim might sound outlandish, but it's supported now by research in several laboratories". Paul Bloom
Yes, and this is generally true in all social animals as a "pecking order" is essential. However, as you well know, we also have a "selfish gene", and sometimes the two have clashes with each other.