• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Anyone Notice Facebook Was Down?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
243288670_399661844932256_5139038612938982310_n.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No, not until listening to the news today. I do communicate with several people using messenger but we have a friend from england staying so my normal messenger chat with friends is on hold this week.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Supposedly Facebook being down had a worldwide impact.

I didn't even know until I heard something about it in the news.
Facebook could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't notice. Would you?

"When Facebook goes down, it's a bad day on the internet, and today is particularly stormy."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...outage-whatsapp-down-october-2021/5991289001/

I noticed because I'm trying to get a refund on a $50 dog harness that doesn't work, they wanted me to send photos via FB messenger and after much effort I finally convinced the dog to pose at the right angle and then I couldn't send the photo -.-

DSCN9922.JPG

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
The outage apparently occurred just after I logged off from my morning check, and came back shortly before my evening check.

If I hadn't heard the news, I would not know anything had happened.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
Saw on reuters that Russian somebody was making it a talking point. They said it was another reason that Russia needed tighter controls on the internet. I wasn't able to follow the logic.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Saw on reuters that Russian somebody was making it a talking point. They said it was another reason that Russia needed tighter controls on the internet. I wasn't able to follow the logic.

There was a story on our news saying it caused a dip in the stock market and the personal loss of 10 billion to the owner whose name I've forgotten (is it Zuckerburg?). I can't for the life of me figure that out.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member

"When Facebook goes down, it's a bad day on the internet, and today is particularly stormy."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...outage-whatsapp-down-october-2021/5991289001/
I don't have Facebook, but I do have Whatsapp and they've been saying that it was that and Instagram too, but I didn't notice anything. I put it down to having been asleep when all the action happened, but with your post, I'm beginning to wonder if it's some kind of conspiracy...:D

We Never Know

No Slack

According to what I've read, everything associated with facebook was down.
Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I would and did; I use it for some groups. Noticed Whatsapp too - no messenging or calling.

They lost around 60 million in revenue.
60 million that would have been made over 5-6 hours.
Go capitalism. :D Zuckerberg is worth about 122 billion.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was at work during the time so I didn't notice. The only Facebook related product I regularly use is my oculus VR.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No, but in fairness I was likely drunk at the time. Though I was informed when I woke up lol