• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Anyone Notice Facebook Was Down?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
243288670_399661844932256_5139038612938982310_n.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No, not until listening to the news today. I do communicate with several people using messenger but we have a friend from england staying so my normal messenger chat with friends is on hold this week.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Supposedly Facebook being down had a worldwide impact.

I didn't even know until I heard something about it in the news.
Facebook could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't notice. Would you?

"When Facebook goes down, it's a bad day on the internet, and today is particularly stormy."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...outage-whatsapp-down-october-2021/5991289001/

I noticed because I'm trying to get a refund on a $50 dog harness that doesn't work, they wanted me to send photos via FB messenger and after much effort I finally convinced the dog to pose at the right angle and then I couldn't send the photo -.-

DSCN9922.JPG

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
The outage apparently occurred just after I logged off from my morning check, and came back shortly before my evening check.

If I hadn't heard the news, I would not know anything had happened.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Saw on reuters that Russian somebody was making it a talking point. They said it was another reason that Russia needed tighter controls on the internet. I wasn't able to follow the logic.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Saw on reuters that Russian somebody was making it a talking point. They said it was another reason that Russia needed tighter controls on the internet. I wasn't able to follow the logic.

There was a story on our news saying it caused a dip in the stock market and the personal loss of 10 billion to the owner whose name I've forgotten (is it Zuckerburg?). I can't for the life of me figure that out.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member

"When Facebook goes down, it's a bad day on the internet, and today is particularly stormy."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...outage-whatsapp-down-october-2021/5991289001/
I don't have Facebook, but I do have Whatsapp and they've been saying that it was that and Instagram too, but I didn't notice anything. I put it down to having been asleep when all the action happened, but with your post, I'm beginning to wonder if it's some kind of conspiracy...:D

We Never Know

No Slack

According to what I've read, everything associated with facebook was down.
Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I would and did; I use it for some groups. Noticed Whatsapp too - no messenging or calling.

They lost around 60 million in revenue.
60 million that would have been made over 5-6 hours.
Go capitalism. :D Zuckerberg is worth about 122 billion.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was at work during the time so I didn't notice. The only Facebook related product I regularly use is my oculus VR.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No, but in fairness I was likely drunk at the time. Though I was informed when I woke up lol