• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Angad and his successive “gurus” alter Nanak’s hymns in Granth?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I envision that Angad and the successive “gurus” altered Nanak’s hymns in general:

1. By excluding some and or many of them, not of their liking.
2. By adding some and or many of them in his name “Nanak”.
3. By doctoring some and or many of them.
4. By redacting some and or many of them.

Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I envision that Angad and the successive “gurus” altered Nanak’s hymns in general:

1. By excluding some and or many of them, not of their liking.
2. By adding some and or many of them in his name “Nanak”.
3. By doctoring some and or many of them.
4. By redacting some and or many of them.

Right, please?

I envision, they did a lot. One would find many stories in the Sikhs very commonly described but not mentioned in unequivocal and straightforwards manner by Nanak in the Nanak's hymns in the Granth. Right, please?

One aspect of it is that Nanak's hymns were profusely altered. The Sikhs talk of five travels that Nanak made of different regions of the world with no mention being made of Nanak in his hymns in the Granth in this connection. Right, please?

This, I understand, is a clear witness that Angad and his associates altered Nanak's hymns to their liking.
Right, please?

Regards