• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Adam and Eve have navels?

• Total voters

PureX

Veteran Member
adam-and-eve-in-paradise-jan-brueghel-the-younger.jpg

Colt

I said yes because as a student of the Urantia Book revelation I believe they came from another world but they do reproduce on the worlds of their origin. They arrived on our evolved, previously populated and fallen earth as had long been expected. They were given human forms using the existing human stock on earth so I assume they were patterned after their former bodies.

74:0.1 "ADAM AND EVE arrived on Urantia, from the year A.D. 1934, 37,848 years ago. It was in midseason when the Garden was in the height of bloom that they arrived. At high noon and unannounced, the two seraphic transports, accompanied by the Jerusem personnel intrusted with the transportation of the biologic uplifters to Urantia, settled slowly to the surface of the revolving planet in the vicinity of the temple of the Universal Father. All the work of rematerializing the bodies of Adam and Eve was carried on within the precincts of this newly created shrine. And from the time of their arrival ten days passed before they were re-created in dual human form for presentation as the world's new rulers. They regained consciousness simultaneously. The Material Sons and Daughters always serve together. It is the essence of their service at all times and in all places never to be separated. They are designed to work in pairs; seldom do they function alone." UB 1955 IMOP

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Males have nipples because of the way that embryos develop weeks after gestation. Those eventually born female and male are the same until sex chromosomes are defined, which doesn't happen until week six or seven of pregnancy.
Thank you. I was just gonna answer that. Fetuses start out physically female. Then the lower quality ones become male. Just kidding!!!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We're the same species; the same organism, if you will; same design, same assembly line. The differences are like different detail packages in the same model of car.
Why alter the basic, nipple feature just because one model won't be using it? You'd have to change the whole assembly line -- for no practical purpose.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Apparently, yes....as you can see in the fresco. They were created in such a way.
And looking more attentively at Adam's body...I can only say: poor Eve,...

la-creazione-di-adamo-cappella-sistina.jpeg

:)

PS: I don't believe Adam and Eve ever existed

Last edited:

Yokefellow

I actually went over this topic in this thread...

Basically, Adam and Eve were recreations (reincarnations) of a previous couple who died. The original couple did not have reproductive organs, and thus did not have navels.

After partaking of the Forbidden Fruit, God recreated them with the animal DNA we have now, thus they had navels.

Yokefellow

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I actually went over this topic in this thread...

Basically, Adam and Eve were recreations (reincarnations) of a previous couple who died. The original couple did not have reproductive organs, and thus did not have navels.

After partaking of the Forbidden Fruit, God recreated them with the animal DNA we have now, thus they had navels.
That leads me to wondering why God just can't even make a simple garden of paradise that works.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It didn't work?
Depends on your perspective, I guess.

As a parent, I'd never leave anything vvith the kids and say "don't eat this" and expect all three of them not to eat it(I knovv vvhich one vvould...)

River Sea

I said yes because as a student of the Urantia Book revelation I believe they came from another world but they do reproduce on the worlds of their origin. They arrived on our evolved, previously populated and fallen earth as had long been expected. They were given human forms using the existing human stock on earth so I assume they were patterned after their former bodies.

74:0.1 "ADAM AND EVE arrived on Urantia, from the year A.D. 1934, 37,848 years ago. It was in midseason when the Garden was in the height of bloom that they arrived. At high noon and unannounced, the two seraphic transports, accompanied by the Jerusem personnel intrusted with the transportation of the biologic uplifters to Urantia, settled slowly to the surface of the revolving planet in the vicinity of the temple of the Universal Father. All the work of rematerializing the bodies of Adam and Eve was carried on within the precincts of this newly created shrine. And from the time of their arrival ten days passed before they were re-created in dual human form for presentation as the world's new rulers. They regained consciousness simultaneously. The Material Sons and Daughters always serve together. It is the essence of their service at all times and in all places never to be separated. They are designed to work in pairs; seldom do they function alone." UB 1955 IMOP

@Colt

I believe they came from another world

So then you understand Adam Eve having navels because they came from another world.

From website you shared.
Universal Father.

I saw this sentence on the website
a divine Father that actually and literally dwells with you.

@River Sea responds: I can relate with light lives in all of us and feeds and teaches us when allowing.

Then I went to paper 1

I notice explaining about the word perfect.

@River Sea ask, What is perfect?

I'll reference here where I read on page 1

From website THE UNIVERSAL FATHER
God-knowing creatures have only one supreme ambition, just one consuming desire, and that is to become, as they are in their spheres, like him as he is in his Paradise perfection of personality and in his universal sphere of righteous supremacy.

@River Sea ask, what is one supreme ambition when one consuming desire, I need to look up the word spheres, what is personality within perfect? The reason why I ask about ambition is because we're responders, and how do desires happen when we're responders? Because even if we have ambition when one consumes desire, would we be able to continue this if the divine Father sends us to earth for our deeper understanding and the spiritual air is different on earth that will affect our desires due to our responses? I notice this. Because if we're away from earth, then the spiritual air is different, so we're responding to that difference.

From the Universal Father who inhabits eternity there has gone forth the supreme mandate, “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect.” In love and mercy the messengers of Paradise have carried this divine exhortation down through the ages and out through the universes, even to such lowly animal-origin creatures as the human races of Urantia.

@River Sea ask,
I need to look up the word mandate. Look how that sentence is: “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect.” My question is: Is the spiritual air to which we're responding? If the spiritual air that's echoing from the divine Father when we respond to..., I'm not sure how much creditable my abilities are if I'm responding. because send me back to earth, and you'll notice me responding to the spiritual air on earth?

This magnificent and universal injunction to strive for the attainment of the perfection of divinity is the first duty, and should be the highest ambition, of all the struggling creature creation of the God of perfection. This possibility of the attainment of divine perfection is the final and certain destiny of all man’s eternal spiritual progress.

@River Sea ask, the word duty what is injunction and to strive, what is striving, earlier was word divine father, now there's divinity, is that all of us, how come this is a duty? Let me look up words.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/

This website collins dictionary is amazing because there's games to play to help build vocabulary

Definition of 'injunction'

An injunction to do something is an order or strong request to do it.

The word strive means working towards

What I do is in the midst of my thoughts and emotions. I allow light to teach me. If I said in the midst, I allow light to teach me, or I'll use your words, I allow divine Father to teach me, what am I doing when, in the midst of my thoughts and emotions, is allowing?

Is "allowing in the midst and the word striving" - the same or different?

Example I feel light right now, but I didn't really strive; I just let my thoughts and emotions continue, and in the midst of my thinking and emotions I'm allowing, also I keep re-learning about allowing.

Maybe I'm being too fixated on words, but then again, this is discussion, how to have a discussion in this thread yet I'm so fixated on detail, such as what is the difference between "striving" and "in the midst of I'm allowing" or are these words the same meaning?

Urantia mortals can hardly hope to be perfect in the infinite sense, but it is entirely possible for human beings, starting out as they do on this planet, to attain the supernal and divine goal which the infinite God has set for mortal man; and when they do achieve this destiny, they will, in all that pertains to self-realization and mind attainment, be just as replete in their sphere of divine perfection as God himself is in his sphere of infinity and eternity. Such perfection may not be universal in the material sense, unlimited in intellectual grasp, or final in spiritual experience, but it is final and complete in all finite aspects of divinity of will, perfection of personality motivation, and God-consciousness

@River Sea ask,

So humans can hope better than Urantia mortals. Do Urantia mortals ever wish they could hope more and equal their hope level to how humans can?

Can Urantia mortals reincarnate 'til their hope has increased? How did spiritual air affect Urantia mortals compared to humans?

This is the true meaning of that divine command, “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect,” which ever urges mortal man onward and beckons him inward in that long and fascinating struggle for the attainment of higher and higher levels of spiritual values and true universe meanings. This sublime search for the God of universes is the supreme adventure of the inhabitants of all the worlds of time and space.

@River Sea ask,
I comprehend the worlds as each cell. I comprehend each worlds when we go to is for our deeper understanding. A relationship. I'll ask, what is the similarities with word perfect and relationship., because I never really sought to be perfect with Divine Father, instead I look at this as for my deeper understanding.

When away from worlds and drawn this pull to light, I'll be responding to the spiritual air there that's easier to drink from light, but I'm not sure how much abilities because all divine Father has to do is send me back to earth or another cell world and and I'll be responding to that spiritual air

Example earth the spiritual air is more difficult to drink from light or divine Father. This is why in the difficulties in the midst of my thoughts and emotions I allow Divine Father teach me how to drink from Divine Father. So perhaps we're saying the same thing, I'm just observing myself that I'm relying on Divine Father, not so much increasing my abilities, as if I can perfect my thinking emotions., when I go to light I allow just as I am including all the messes and let light even take all of that and use the messes.

So my question: what is perfect and what is striving?

Colt

@Colt

So then you understand Adam Eve having navels because they came from another world.

From website you shared.

I saw this sentence on the website
a divine Father that actually and literally dwells with you.

@River Sea responds: I can relate with light lives in all of us and feeds and teaches us when allowing.

Then I went to paper 1

I notice explaining about the word perfect.

@River Sea ask, What is perfect?

I'll reference here where I read on page 1

God-knowing creatures have only one supreme ambition, just one consuming desire, and that is to become, as they are in their spheres, like him as he is in his Paradise perfection of personality and in his universal sphere of righteous supremacy.

@River Sea ask, what is one supreme ambition when one consuming desire, I need to look up the word spheres, what is personality within perfect? The reason why I ask about ambition is because we're responders, and how do desires happen when we're responders? Because even if we have ambition when one consumes desire, would we be able to continue this if the divine Father sends us to earth for our deeper understanding and the spiritual air is different on earth that will affect our desires due to our responses? I notice this. Because if we're away from earth, then the spiritual air is different, so we're responding to that difference.

From the Universal Father who inhabits eternity there has gone forth the supreme mandate, “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect.” In love and mercy the messengers of Paradise have carried this divine exhortation down through the ages and out through the universes, even to such lowly animal-origin creatures as the human races of Urantia.

@River Sea ask,
I need to look up the word mandate. Look how that sentence is: “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect.” My question is: Is the spiritual air to which we're responding? If the spiritual air that's echoing from the divine Father when we respond to..., I'm not sure how much creditable my abilities are if I'm responding. because send me back to earth, and you'll notice me responding to the spiritual air on earth?

This magnificent and universal injunction to strive for the attainment of the perfection of divinity is the first duty, and should be the highest ambition, of all the struggling creature creation of the God of perfection. This possibility of the attainment of divine perfection is the final and certain destiny of all man’s eternal spiritual progress.

@River Sea ask, the word duty what is injunction and to strive, what is striving, earlier was word divine father, now there's divinity, is that all of us, how come this is a duty? Let me look up words.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/

This website collins dictionary is amazing because there's games to play to help build vocabulary

Definition of 'injunction'

An injunction to do something is an order or strong request to do it.

The word strive means working towards

What I do is in the midst of my thoughts and emotions. I allow light to teach me. If I said in the midst, I allow light to teach me, or I'll use your words, I allow divine Father to teach me, what am I doing when, in the midst of my thoughts and emotions, is allowing?

Is "allowing in the midst and the word striving" - the same or different?

Example I feel light right now, but I didn't really strive; I just let my thoughts and emotions continue, and in the midst of my thinking and emotions I'm allowing, also I keep re-learning about allowing.

Maybe I'm being too fixated on words, but then again, this is discussion, how to have a discussion in this thread yet I'm so fixated on detail, such as what is the difference between "striving" and "in the midst of I'm allowing" or are these words the same meaning?

Urantia mortals can hardly hope to be perfect in the infinite sense, but it is entirely possible for human beings, starting out as they do on this planet, to attain the supernal and divine goal which the infinite God has set for mortal man; and when they do achieve this destiny, they will, in all that pertains to self-realization and mind attainment, be just as replete in their sphere of divine perfection as God himself is in his sphere of infinity and eternity. Such perfection may not be universal in the material sense, unlimited in intellectual grasp, or final in spiritual experience, but it is final and complete in all finite aspects of divinity of will, perfection of personality motivation, and God-consciousness

@River Sea ask,

So humans can hope better than Urantia mortals. Do Urantia mortals ever wish they could hope more and equal their hope level to how humans can?

Can Urantia mortals reincarnate 'til their hope has increased? How did spiritual air affect Urantia mortals compared to humans?

This is the true meaning of that divine command, “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect,” which ever urges mortal man onward and beckons him inward in that long and fascinating struggle for the attainment of higher and higher levels of spiritual values and true universe meanings. This sublime search for the God of universes is the supreme adventure of the inhabitants of all the worlds of time and space.

@River Sea ask,
I comprehend the worlds as each cell. I comprehend each worlds when we go to is for our deeper understanding. A relationship. I'll ask, what is the similarities with word perfect and relationship., because I never really sought to be perfect with Divine Father, instead I look at this as for my deeper understanding.

When away from worlds and drawn this pull to light, I'll be responding to the spiritual air there that's easier to drink from light, but I'm not sure how much abilities because all divine Father has to do is send me back to earth or another cell world and and I'll be responding to that spiritual air

Example earth the spiritual air is more difficult to drink from light or divine Father. This is why in the difficulties in the midst of my thoughts and emotions I allow Divine Father teach me how to drink from Divine Father. So perhaps we're saying the same thing, I'm just observing myself that I'm relying on Divine Father, not so much increasing my abilities, as if I can perfect my thinking emotions., when I go to light I allow just as I am including all the messes and let light even take all of that and use the messes.

So my question: what is perfect and what is striving?
We tend to become like those we love. I we Love and treat our brother like the Father loves us then we become more like the Father.