• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dianausars

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Capture.png

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Does Hindu literature say anything about the yoga during which the dianausars existed?
None that I know of. I believe that during the time of the Vedas, or Puranas being written, there would have been no archeological evidence of dinosaurs.

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
I was just watching some video yesterday.. for what it is worth, I want to mention here that before the advent of dinosaurs, earth was super hot all over and existed as 1 single continent. Then it seems it rained for 2 MILLION years non-stop! This made the forests and vegetation flourish that made dinosaur life successful and hence flourish during the period.

(Sorry, couldn't help but share this info. If someone complains, I'll delete it).

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Before the advent of dinosaurs" covers a lot of time -- most of the planet's history, as a matter of fact. Earth and the continental map went through a lot of changes before the dinos showed up.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I was just watching some video yesterday.. for what it is worth, I want to mention here that before the advent of dinosaurs, earth was super hot all over and existed as 1 single continent. Then it seems it rained for 2 MILLION years non-stop! This made the forests and vegetation flourish that made dinosaur life successful and hence flourish during the period.

(Sorry, couldn't help but share this info. If someone complains, I'll delete it).
Oh which video? I like learning about how the earth was "formed" for lack of a better term.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh which video? I like learning about how the earth was "formed" for lack of a better term.
Earth was formed billions of years ago as a molten accretion of metal and rock, but since then it's gone through many periods of heat and cold, and the continents have drifted all over the place, sometimes conjoining, sometimes breaking up.
Snowball Earth - Wikipedia

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If you know, there is no mention of Dinausars in Shrimad Bhagvan Purana.
Why is that?

Because they were long extinct. Except for birds. Birds are the living descendants of certain classes of dianasa... I mean dinosaurs.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. earth was super hot all over and existed as 1 single continent. Then it seems it rained for 2 MILLION years non-stop! This made the forests and vegetation flourish that made dinosaur life successful and hence flourish during the period.
Yeah, dinos flourished in Earth's warmer period. Here:

iu