• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dharma Kshetra

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Surfing Netflix yesterday I came across a Hindi tv show (English subtitles) from 2014-2015 called Dharma Kshetra. The name is a play on words from Hindi and Sanskrit. Dharma can mean law, way, truth, righteousness. Kshetra can mean field, place, or in this case court. As a word dharmakshetra can mean place of justice, i.e. court of law, or spelled dhārmakshetra it can mean “virtuous/righteous one”.

The premise is that after the Mahābhārata War, all the participants are now dead and facing judgement in the court of Lord Chitragupta. He is the Hindu god who takes stock of our (mis)deeds and metes out our deserved karmic fruits. He’s sorting everything out to determine who is a villain and who is a hero, and in what measure of each a person is.

There is no one (not even Krishna, who allows himself to be accused and cross-examined), who escapes being interrogated for their actions. This is not Hindu canon or part of the Mahābhārata, nor are many of the recollections of the characters, just creative speculation on what could have happened. It’s not unlike the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies that are based on the books but add or remove things to further the action.

The problem with this approach is that for someone who’s not familiar with the source material they could think it’s canon. But it’s all pretty compelling nevertheless. I’m just a couple episodes into it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
IMHO, Dharma kshetra is where Dharma was maintained. Nothing to do with the Lord of Death, Yama or his accountant, Chitragupta.