• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Devi and the crow

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

I would like to ask for your insight regarding a dream with kind of an elusive meaning.

Yes I know "Dreams are just Dreams" for many, but some have been a lot différent for me. This is where I was brought to Sanatan dharma, how I got to meet those who would teach me rituals... Some dreams have been very specials for me. It was clearly more than dreams.

It's been around seven or eight years since it last happened, but last night it happened again, but the meaning behind is lost to me.

It happened in a temple, I don't know which one. It was all stone and low ceiling with thick pillars. I think it was a shakta mandir because I spotted a murti of Sri Varahi Devi on the side.

We were maybe four or five people sitting like you wait for the beginning of puja in the temple. But instead of a murti, it was a Devi that stepped out of the curtain. Her form was that of a young woman, with two eyes, green skin, a crown and a red saree. She had furrowed brows but with a smile.

She told me to give to her temple. And she put a huge crow on my lap. Like, a big, adult, crow. It was huge and absolutely beautiful but also in a bad shape. Just by running my hand on him I could feel the bones of his ribcage, So I got up to leave the temple and gave him some rice cake I had in my pocket. It ate a lot and then just let his head rest on my shoulder as I held him like a baby. I thought that I was going to keep him,feed him and love him like a spoiler baby (that's what I do with all my fur-children :D)

Anyway, that's it.

I would like to know if anyone have info about this Devi, and/or temple, So I Can arrange an offering... And maybe also the meaning of giving the hungry crow.

Thank you ❤️

Aum Namah Shivaya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
True. For Hindus, any animal for that matter, pigeons, sparrows, monkeys, ants, cows, dogs, birds. Who knows? Even if it is not an ancestor, you do get merit points.

Last edited: