• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Despised, or Misunderstood, Because of the Name Luke 6:22

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
are you hated, or misunderstood, because of the name of the Lord that you were christened, baptized with?

isaiah 66:5

matthew 28:19

revelation 14:1

mahavakyas?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I never experienced such things until after I left the Church and renounced Christianity. As a Christian I was told they will happen to me just for being Christian, but it never happened.

Hermit

I get people who don't believe in God saying negative things to me and people who believe in God differently than I do saying negative things to me lol.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I never experienced such things until after I left the Church and renounced Christianity. As a Christian I was told they will happen to me just for being Christian, but it never happened.
so you accepted the name of a prophet, or child of god and no one had an issue?

exodus 3:13-15

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
so you accepted the name of a prophet, or child of god and no one had an issue?
Nope. Never had any problems until after I left. Then those I thought were friends called me demonic possessed, stopped associating with me, and often was "reminded" I was now in danger of hellfire if I didn't return to Christ. Even my own sister still has a problem with bringing it up, and how I "need to believe in god again."

MonkeyFire

Nope. Never had any problems until after I left. Then those I thought were friends called me demonic possessed, stopped associating with me, and often was "reminded" I was now in danger of hellfire if I didn't return to Christ. Even my own sister still has a problem with bringing it up, and how I "need to believe in god again."

I wouldn't take that either, but that doesnt mean I have to stop being a Christian, something I enjoy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wouldn't take that either, but that doesnt mean I have to stop being a Christian, something I enjoy.
Just to clarify, I didn't quit because of them. As a Christian, their attitudes towards me were positive enough that bI had thought they were friends. Rather, I was terribly miserable as a Christian, with the problems I had mostly revolving around a cult obsessed with hell and issues I had with the Bible that I could not reconcile and no longer ignore.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I'd be curious to hear about the persecution Christians in the US face. Meanwhile, Christians in some countries have to go into hiding if they want to survive. Most Christians I talk to still think they are being persecuted, though. Interesting.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

interesting. the bible doesn't require you to convert to christianity, or to go to church. just requires you to believe in the name.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd be curious to hear about the persecution Christians in the US face.
When I was one of them, they claimed things like no more prayer in public school, secularizing the law, and not being able to run the show is persecution against them. And it's just a step away before Christianity begins illegal and they have to go into hiding, because the world is out to get them, "yes [they] know. For the Bible tells [them] so."

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Which would be converting.
nope, just helps to understand one is where they are because they can be anything they wish to be, or i will be what i will be. if being anything is everything. there is no requirement to be christian, or not. the belief is to be and then become. when someone is trying to create someone else in their image, they lose control of their becoming. they can be but they can't be their biological offspring, spouse, parents. that is called vicariously trying to live one's life proxy. it's parasitic.

what's your sister doing in hell trying to change/save you? maybe she should go back to her heaven and stop relying on other's to create/fulfill her idea of heaven?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
what's your sister doing in hell trying to change/save you?
My sister is alive, so not in hell. She does, however, insist I need to start believing again so I don't go there. And she won't it alone, leave it be, or drop it.

MonkeyFire

Just to clarify, I didn't quit because of them. As a Christian, their attitudes towards me were positive enough that bI had thought they were friends. Rather, I was terribly miserable as a Christian, with the problems I had mostly revolving around a cult obsessed with hell and issues I had with the Bible that I could not reconcile and no longer ignore.

In my school of Christisanity I teach others to do charity for and send care to hell. The things actually burning down there are the worst things that cosmic order can create. The rest of hell is filled with haters, and dis-believers who dont have to suffer. Aswell, fallen Angel's repent, but Lucifer is a heavenly being where as satan comes from hell.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
My sister is alive, so not in hell. She does, however, insist I need to start believing again so I don't go there. And she won't it alone, leave it be, or drop it.
If she's not at peace with you for being what you are, isn't she half in and half out?