• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derek Chauvin is the scapegoat of a rotten system

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This hatred towards the police is the manifestation of how sick and rotten the police system in America is.

No matter how racialized this issue has been, race has nothing to do with that. It deals with a systematic regime of terror created to intimidate the US population, and to make them "a priori guilty, until evidence of the contrary is provided".

That's how Floyd was killed because of that.
Now they used Chauvin as a scapegoat, supposed to atone for the sins of the entire police system.

He should have been safeguarded, and isolated from dangerous inmates.

The issues of systemic racism and problems with policing in America have also been discussed; it wasn't as if Chauvin was solely blamed for it. However, that wouldn't excuse Chauvin's individual actions. He still what he did, so he was a willing participant in a rotten system, not exactly a scapegoat. No one forced him to become a police officer, and he could have quit his job at any time.

That said, I agree that there is a shared responsibility on a systemic level. However, the media narrative was shifted in such a way so as to manipulate public opinion and shift attention away from the political authorities who were responsible and making it seem as if it was "just a few bad apples" in the police department.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The issues of systemic racism and problems with policing in America have also been discussed; it wasn't as if Chauvin was solely blamed for it. However, that wouldn't excuse Chauvin's individual actions. He still what he did, so he was a willing participant in a rotten system, not exactly a scapegoat. No one forced him to become a police officer, and he could have quit his job at any time.

That said, I agree that there is a shared responsibility on a systemic level. However, the media narrative was shifted in such a way so as to manipulate public opinion and shift attention away from the political authorities who were responsible and making it seem as if it was "just a few bad apples" in the police department.
I read that he is absolutely skilled, since he has a degree in Law enforcement.
Which makes me wonder: did he really do that spontaneously, or was he trained to block a suspect in such a cruel and unusual way?

It's much more probable that there is a system that teaches cops to do that.
Whites, blacks...it doesn't matter.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I read that he is absolutely skilled, since he has a degree in Law enforcement.
Which makes me wonder: did he really do that spontaneously, or was he trained to block a suspect in such a cruel and unusual way?

It's much more probable that there is a system that teaches cops to do that.
Whites, blacks...it doesn't matter.

One thing I've heard from cops I've talked to is that their main thing is establishing their authority and ensuring compliance and obedience from whoever it is they're dealing with. They're taught to come down hard on any kind of defiance or disrespect of cops or the system. The philosophy behind it is that if they allow even the slightest iota of disrespect or resistance, it will encourage others to do the same and lead to chaos and lawlessness.

To compound the problem is the fact that society passes too many laws and ordinances for cops to enforce - often very minor, piddly violations. That's how people can get killed for things like having expired license plates.

Then there's also the so-called "War on Drugs," which many would argue had its roots in racist policies. The irony is that the War on Drugs has done far more to make the cartels and drug gangs more wealthy and powerful than it has to actually eliminate illegal narcotics.

Kfox

Once cuffs are on, that should be the end of the story.
Well...... just because your hands are cuffed doesn't mean you aren't dangerous, a trained fighter can do more damage with his feet than most people can do with their hands.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
One thing I've heard from cops I've talked to is that their main thing is establishing their authority and ensuring compliance and obedience from whoever it is they're dealing with. They're taught to come down hard on any kind of defiance or disrespect of cops or the system. The philosophy behind it is that if they allow even the slightest iota of disrespect or resistance, it will encourage others to do the same and lead to chaos and lawlessness.
Well..we don't have the second amendment in Europe and our cops feel much safer because nobody can have access to a firearm.
Unless they have a permit, which is very, very, very difficult to obtain.

And cops are nicer on average. I've never seen any cop disrespecting anyone.
Then there's also the so-called "War on Drugs," which many would argue had its roots in racist policies. The irony is that the War on Drugs has done far more to make the cartels and drug gangs more wealthy and powerful than it has to actually eliminate illegal narcotics.
Exactly.
There is an idiom here: cowards are harsh on the weak and soft on the strong.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...... just because your hands are cuffed doesn't mean you aren't dangerous, a trained fighter can do more damage with his feet than most people can do with their hands.
Floyd wasn't dangerous.
There is a footage that shows he had never done anything wrong.
Someone could also speculate it was an execution.
First they arrest him, by handcuffing him, then they let them sit down on the sidewalk.
Then they lead him behind the car...far from the cameras.
What shall I think?

Why didn't they just take him to the police station?

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well..we don't have the second amendment in Europe and our cops feel much safer because nobody can have access to a firearm.
Unless they have a permit, which is very, very, very difficult to obtain.

And cops are nicer on average. I've never seen any cop disrespecting anyone.

I can't speak to what European police do, although my point was that even unarmed people can be brutalized if the cop doesn't think they're being sufficiently submissive and compliant.

Exactly.
There is an idiom here: cowards are harsh on the weak and soft on the strong.

Yes, that would apply here. Cops go after the small fry with a vengeance while treating the big fish with kit gloves.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes, that would apply here. Cops go after the small fry with a vengeance while treating the big fish with kit gloves.
I can relate. Because of the Cucchi Case. They even made a movie about it. Netflix movie. A Roman guy was arrested for having some drug with him, and before the trial (we have the presumption of innocence here too) two Carabinieri (military police) kicked him furiously for no apparent reason at the police station. He was incredibly skinny, unarmed and weak. And they kicked him provoking very deadly internal damages. He will die six days later in hospital.
Now the two officers..two Neapolitans that God knows how they could become Carabinieri...are in jail.

Kfox

Floyd wasn't dangerous.
There is a footage that shows he had never done anything wrong.
Someone could also speculate it was an execution.
First they arrest him, by handcuffing him, then they let them sit down on the sidewalk.
Then they lead him behind the car...far from the cameras.
What shall I think?

Why didn't they just take him to the police station?
My comment was not in reference to George Floyd.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I can relate. Because of the Cucchi Case. They even made a movie about it. Netflix movie. A Roman guy was arrested for having some drug with him, and before the trial (we have the presumption of innocence here too) two Carabinieri (military police) kicked him furiously for no apparent reason at the police station. He was incredibly skinny, unarmed and weak. And they kicked him provoking very deadly internal damages. He will die six days later in hospital.
Now the two officers..two Neapolitans that God knows how they could become Carabinieri...are in jail.

I guess what strikes me about this and many other such cases is that, all too often, the cops' actions are inexplicable and have no apparent reason. Very often, they might try to invent a reason, such as "suspect was resisting" or something subjective or unprovable. Sometimes, they've been known to plant drugs on people, contrive some bogus violation, and even plant throwaway guns on suspects they shoot, just so they can say "he had a gun."

But what is the real reason they do these things in the first place? Are they just demented bullies who enjoy picking on people? Are they in league with organized crime and operating a murder-for-hire gang? Are these actions the result of some larger government operation in play, something like an updated version of MKULTRA or COUINTELPRO?

wellwisher

One variable this is left out is the impact of the high levels of criminal activity on police training and mentality. Any person will react differently whether they work in a peaceful suburb environment; gated community, or an inner city war zone run by the criminals and Black Market Place. Places of excessive violence will create more stress that can alter anyone's behavior; fight or flight, leading to quick and sometimes bad choices.

Look at the FBI crime statistics of violent crime. Black male on black male crime leads all demographics in terms of per capita crime. Those war zones, in Democrat run cities, create battle fatigue in the police and citizens, made worse when the police are not allowed to go after the enemy; both the police and citizens have more stress. Now Liberal DAs put the criminals back on the streets and allow shoplifting, to add to the stress. I get the impression police violence is the end game since cause and affect add that way. Police violence can be induced and used as a political tool.

There is a tendency by the Left to make an excuse for criminal behavior via racist revisionist history. They are the victim and not the criminal based on objective metrics. This same tactic is how their leaders get away with their own crimes; Biden versus the House investigation. Biden is the victim even if caught with his hand in the cookie jar. It has nothing to do with Biden's behavior inciting the investigation since he is old and feeble.

The first Trump impeachment now appears have been a Democrat conspiracy to protect the Biden family influence peddling business with the Ukrainian Oligarch, who was under investigation for corruption. The Democrats blamed Trump for trying to get the dirt on the criminals; Biden family. The data now shows a criminal conspiracy to cover up a crime, disguised as an impeachment; smoke screen. The first impeachment committee members may need to be brought to trial. If the Biden domino falls, so will the Democrat crime syndicate. The lie and crime machine is working overtime to avoid this, but they will need new ways to cheat, since many of their old ways are not longer easy to don; control censorship to favor themselves and their lies.

Does anyone remember the Russian Collusion Coup, where many high level con artists in Government, ran a coup to over throw a duly elected president? They had allies in the fake news media who would lie on cue. Their political base was too willing and eager to reverse cause and effect, in their minds, and make the victim of a coup, the villain. How many of those criminals leaders who incited the coup, ended up in jail or in front of a firing squad for their treason? The criminals were the victims, right? That one guy said some mean things and deserved it, right? One can see why they condition their base, with an upside down world view of affect and cause; lie about a crime to create an illusion of a criminal, to provide cover for their own crimes; first impeachment.

Does anyone remember the riots of the summer of 2020, which targeted all police, innocent or guilty. Insurrection is defined as; the act or an instance of revolting esp. violently against civil or political authority or against an established government. ;also. : the crime of inciting or engaging in such revolt [whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or against the authority of the United States…

Police are civil authority and there was violence against civil authority, on a national scale, that killed two dozen people and caused $billion in damages. Who went to jail for this Democrat led insurrection? Was this insurrection ever investigated to bring the Democrat leaders and donors, who incited and funded the riots, to justice? The only one I remember investigated was a by-stander running for his life who shot one of thugs, after he was threatened with a gun. A victim was made the criminal in the eyes of fake news; rush to judgement to control the narrative. On the other hand, the real criminals who engaged in the insurrection escaped justice. They were the victims of slavery 125 years before they were born,

The Republican Party is trying to created accountability by showing cause and affect to counter the Democrats criminal game's of twisted affect and cause. The criminals are now crying and complaining as justice starts to reverse their games, like the game they are doing to Trump with their politically motivated trials, based on affect and cause. Luckily their base is fighting against itself based on Middle East effect and cause.

The topic is about Derik Chauvin but he was really just a pawn and distraction to create smoke for the criminal leaders, including the police chief who lied under oath to support the narrative. Lying under oath is a crime unless you are a criminal in Democrat states or in the US Government.

Dao Hao Now

One variable this is left out is the impact of the high levels of criminal activity on police training and mentality. Any person will react differently whether they work in a peaceful suburb environment; gated community, or an inner city war zone run by the criminals and Black Market Place. Places of excessive violence will create more stress that can alter anyone's behavior; fight or flight, leading to quick and sometimes bad choices.

Look at the FBI crime statistics of violent crime. Black male on black male crime leads all demographics in terms of per capita crime. Those war zones, in Democrat run cities, create battle fatigue in the police and citizens, made worse when the police are not allowed to go after the enemy; both the police and citizens have more stress. Now Liberal DAs put the criminals back on the streets and allow shoplifting, to add to the stress. I get the impression police violence is the end game since cause and affect add that way. Police violence can be induced and used as a political tool.

There is a tendency by the Left to make an excuse for criminal behavior via racist revisionist history. They are the victim and not the criminal based on objective metrics. This same tactic is how their leaders get away with their own crimes; Biden versus the House investigation. Biden is the victim even if caught with his hand in the cookie jar. It has nothing to do with Biden's behavior inciting the investigation since he is old and feeble.

The first Trump impeachment now appears have been a Democrat conspiracy to protect the Biden family influence peddling business with the Ukrainian Oligarch, who was under investigation for corruption. The Democrats blamed Trump for trying to get the dirt on the criminals; Biden family. The data now shows a criminal conspiracy to cover up a crime, disguised as an impeachment; smoke screen. The first impeachment committee members may need to be brought to trial. If the Biden domino falls, so will the Democrat crime syndicate. The lie and crime machine is working overtime to avoid this, but they will need new ways to cheat, since many of their old ways are not longer easy to don; control censorship to favor themselves and their lies.

Does anyone remember the Russian Collusion Coup, where many high level con artists in Government, ran a coup to over throw a duly elected president? They had allies in the fake news media who would lie on cue. Their political base was too willing and eager to reverse cause and effect, in their minds, and make the victim of a coup, the villain. How many of those criminals leaders who incited the coup, ended up in jail or in front of a firing squad for their treason? The criminals were the victims, right? That one guy said some mean things and deserved it, right? One can see why they condition their base, with an upside down world view of affect and cause; lie about a crime to create an illusion of a criminal, to provide cover for their own crimes; first impeachment.

Does anyone remember the riots of the summer of 2020, which targeted all police, innocent or guilty. Insurrection is defined as; the act or an instance of revolting esp. violently against civil or political authority or against an established government. ;also. : the crime of inciting or engaging in such revolt [whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or against the authority of the United States…

Police are civil authority and there was violence against civil authority, on a national scale, that killed two dozen people and caused $billion in damages. Who went to jail for this Democrat led insurrection? Was this insurrection ever investigated to bring the Democrat leaders and donors, who incited and funded the riots, to justice? The only one I remember investigated was a by-stander running for his life who shot one of thugs, after he was threatened with a gun. A victim was made the criminal in the eyes of fake news; rush to judgement to control the narrative. On the other hand, the real criminals who engaged in the insurrection escaped justice. They were the victims of slavery 125 years before they were born,

The Republican Party is trying to created accountability by showing cause and affect to counter the Democrats criminal game's of twisted affect and cause. The criminals are now crying and complaining as justice starts to reverse their games, like the game they are doing to Trump with their politically motivated trials, based on affect and cause. Luckily their base is fighting against itself based on Middle East effect and cause.

The topic is about Derik Chauvin but he was really just a pawn and distraction to create smoke for the criminal leaders, including the police chief who lied under oath to support the narrative. Lying under oath is a crime unless you are a criminal in Democrat states or in the US Government.
Hook, line and sinker.:rolleyes:

libre

Skylark
That's a good point. I didn't consider that the term 'scapegoat' does admonish blame to some extent.

The department was guilty for producing Chauvin, and tried to push all guilt on him.
Chauvin was guilty because he was a wilful agent of the department, and tried to push all blame onto the department.

But both are guilty, and it's flaws in the American legal system that would have us believe that it's one or the other.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That's only Billy Jack. ;0)

averageJOE

zombie
This hatred towards the police is the manifestation of how sick and rotten the police system in America is.

No matter how racialized this issue has been, race has nothing to do with that. It deals with a systematic regime of terror created to intimidate the US population, and to make them "a priori guilty, until evidence of the contrary is provided".

That's how Floyd was killed because of that.
Now they used Chauvin as a scapegoat, supposed to atone for the sins of the entire police system.

He should have been safeguarded, and isolated from dangerous inmates.
The inmate that stabbed him was placed on a 2 week leave from prison while the rest of the inmates conducted an internal investigation.

Maybe Chauvin should have just complied.

averageJOE

zombie

What a bunch a nonsense. Every pro-police legislation that gives every level of law enforcement more power was created and passed by Democrats. The Democratic Party is far more Back the Blue than the Republican Party could ever hope to be.

I was Military Police for 11 years, and trained with various state police from across my state as well as different federal agencies. And I can promise you, cops are TRAINED to manufacture crime. The job attracts a certain kind of person, and the person who goes in "wanting to serve their community" is an extremely low percentage. Psychopaths become cops, and cops create sociopaths.